Nac 72 or 282?

A tip, to listen to vinyl is the Nac 72 or the Nac 282 better? Thank you

1 Like

Well I suppose for a start the 72 has internal phono cards, whereas the 282 will require something like a Stageline at the minimum as this doesnā€™t have an internal phono stage.

1 Like

Iā€™m quite sure the 282 is ā€˜betterā€™ dependent on all power supplies, cables and fancy phono stage used.

However, when I got my 72/hi/140 using internal mm boards my humble Project Turntable instantly sounded ā€˜rightā€™ or more ā€˜foottappingā€™. There was immediate synergy which learned me a lot regarding the older Naim stuff.

4 Likes

IĀ“m not so sure the 282 is ā€œbetterā€. I mean it might be better but hardly ā€œbetterā€ :slight_smile:

I run an 82 and actually had both that and the 282 at the same time. I ended up prefering the 82 but thatĀ“s me and itĀ“s not a 72 so pretty pointless of me mentioning this. However, I couldnĀ“t resist. Also I use the internal mm-boards in my 82 and they sound fine. I actually, sometimes prefer the sound of my turntable to my NDS/555PS DR.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, your opinion was of great use to me

1 Like

Whatā€™s the rest of the system? Have you a turntable already or just thinking of dipping in to vinyl?

For me the 72 is the last Naim pre of the golden age of vinyl. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Steve,
the rest of the system is composed of:
Clearaudio Concept Wood
Ortofon Red MC
Hi Cap
Naim cd5 xs
Naim Flat Cap
Naim Nap 250 Bumper
Sinus Faber Venere 3.0

1 Like

What pre are you using at the moment?

Naim Nac 72

2 Likes

If itā€™s a chrome bumper or Olive Hicap Iā€™d be tempted to get the lot serviced and just enjoy buying more music :wink:

3 Likes

It is a chrome bumper

Iā€™ve just sent my 72/Hicap and 250 for service at Class A total cost was just over Ā£700 coming back in two days. A lot cheaper than a 282.

So my advice would be get it all serviced and see then if you need or want to move on to a 282

3 Likes

Yes, I think so too!!!

An external phono stage may be a good place to look next.

1 Like

As someone who owned a 72 and still owns the 52 I bought in 1991, I might be inclined to disagree, despite the fact that Iā€™m using an external phono stage (the Prefix) with it :wink:

1 Like

Are you suggesting that your speakers suffer from the kind of nasal, tonal coloration that makes all the singers sound like they have head colds? :rofl:

OK. Iā€™ll get my coat.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.