Nac 72 phono outputs

Morning,

Finally got round to re-terminating the phono leads from my Rega P6 to BNC. What a faff!

They’re now ready to plug in and of course I marked the new leads with their previous colour code of red and black. The 72 has of course left and right channels…so which goes where?. Couldn’t find the info in the manual or a Internet search?

Many thanks for looking

Clive

Red = Right.

1 Like

Thanks Richard…do you take time off?

Clive

I sometimes get a bit of sleep.

2 Likes

Ha ha…

Do you know, Ive just checked and its actually channel 1 and 2! Red into channel 1?

Clive

1 Like

Channel 1 is left.

Thanks HH. Have a great Sunday.

Yup, CH1 = Left, CH2 = Right, and Red is Right

1 Like

Have a nice Sunday also Richard and thanks for the advice.

I plan on spinning a few LPs this afternoon…This is the 1st time since I had a troika in the 90s that I’ve used an MC cart so really looking forward to it!

Clive

2 Likes

That’s how i remember it… R=RED=RIGHT.

3 Likes

And (for Naim) 1 = l = left (or 1eft!)

2 Likes

Having worked in broadcasting I sometimes struggle as we used green for right and red for left - following the nautical convention for port and starboard lights.

In fact, given Julian Vereker’s love of sailing I’m surprised he didn’t follow suit with the green and red identification on DIN to XLR leads.

We did cover all of this (Red is Right, Ch 1 is Left, etc) this previously… :thinking:

Sigh… :expressionless:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.