Nac 82 nap 250 olive vrs supernait 2

Hi can anyone help me please do you think 82 and 250 with olive hicap would sound alot better for not much more money than a supernait 2 ,thanks acetone.

1 Like

Yes, a properly set up and serviced 82/250 will be a big step up from a Supernait. If you’re looking on the used market, you should budget for a recap/service unless you know that it has been done relatively recently.

1 Like

This. I have exactly this, recently serviced, official, 82 brought up to date, new volume pot or something. My god it swings, not planning any changes in the near future. Enjoy.

2 Likes

82/Supercap/250 here :blush:

1 Like

Supercap is my next move i think. damn you :open_mouth:

Yep, 82/supercap/250 here too. 82 serviced in ‘16, supercap and 250 serviced three months ago. So sweet!! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for your answers would you go for olive hicap or hicap 2 there about the same money .

Whatever has been service more recently - there’s not a lot of difference in the non DR Hicaps. :smile:

1 Like

Yes, a 82/hicap/250 is much better than a supernait. Still better with 2 hicaps.

1 Like

Not necessarily so! Very system/room/ears dependent. I preferred one hicap over two, and a supercap trounced them both. No right or wrong answers for this one given the discussions I have seen/been part of.

2 Likes

I’ve heard this a lot.

Yes, I agree Graeme. I think we have had this discussion before too. I made the mistake of buying a second (and matching) hc only to find I much preferred just the one. It seemed a no-brainer at the time.
The only occasion I have ever bought a component “sans audition”, never again. Sold the second hc on.

1 Like

Just for balance: the 2nd HCDR on my 282 gave a considerable boost to performance. Much more ease and authority to the music. When I then auditioned a SCDR the improvement over the 2 HCDRs was small. Maybe this was because both HCDRs were freshly serviced.

EDIT: I wonder if the addition of DR to the Hicap improves it to the point where the benefit of the SC is less apparent - of course the SC is only using a fraction of its capability when used with 2 snaics on the 282 and not a proper Burndy.

2 Likes

A 82/Supercap/250 is a lovely combination which I used for over twenty years very good indeed.

1 Like

I am surprised that no one asked about source and speakers yet. If the source is low end, it might end disappointingly.

Hi sorry my source is Linn akurate DSM and my speakers are ATC 19 V2 .

82/Hi/250 is much better than SN2. Two Hicaps on my early 82 was utterly magical, and better than my last 282. Done the SC2 thing on an 282, very good, however 2xHicaps preferrable to SC2 on my early 82, so no right answer!

4 Likes

Olive hicap

I agree with Graeme. Going to two hicaps was an interesting experiment for me, but ultimately it was too intense. It’s also a LOT of cables to have in a system.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.