Nac a5

This has probs been mentioned before, but I have convinced the wife to move my speakers to either side of the fireplace…instead of having them at the wrong side of the room.
Question is…I am using a SN2 and looking at about 15mtrs of cable. What is the optimum length I can run??
Also anything better in the same price range, or is NAC A5 a good option
Currently use mountain view flat cable from the 1980’s
Many Thanks
B

Yes its been mentioned many times.
The answer is in FAQ “a minimum of 3.5 metres per channel of NACA4 or NACA5 cable is required – although the optimum length is around 5-10 metres with a maximum recommended length of 20 metres.”

3 Likes

Excellent many thanks
Appreciate it
I guess NAC A5 is a good choice, given the price
B

1 Like

The other things to say are that the two leads should be the same length and if one (or both) is too long then you use the spare up by tieing into a zigzag shape and not by coiling it.
Best
David

Thats what I have learnt so far…thanks again
Appreciate it
B

Some people have preferred the witch hat cables, which are available for loan before buying. They are apparently more flexible than NACA5, which may be useful around your fireplace.

Yes indeed, all Naim amps like NACA5.
NACA5 is a very stiff cable & you might want to go to a dealer & check that out. Its stiffness is good in that it can be heated with a hairdryer to bend into a fixed shape & made to lay in a position, but how that will work around your fireplace only you can tell.
I use Chord Odyssey to route under my fireplace, unfortunately I can’t get NACA5 around the conduit bends, but Odyssey is a nice cable.

3 Likes

I will have a few bends to contend with …5 in total
Will pop into my dealer next week
Thanks

1 Like

Yes. NACA5 made up by a dealer who really knows their onions. Just do it!:sunglasses:

1 Like

The traditional technique for negotiating bends with NACA5 was judicious use of a hairdryer to warm the sheathing.

15m of NACA5 works really well. I too have to run NACA5 around a fireplace hearth and NACA5 bends nicely into shape. It’s in white so it blends in nicely with cream skirting and once bent too shape I used small bits of white masking tape in places just to ensure it all stays in place. The result is that I can hardly notice the cabling.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.