Nac-n-272 and nd5 xs2

Is it possible indeed advisable or even advantageous to bypass streamer in Nac-n-272 and plug in Nd5 xs2 into the 272?

Presently the Nac-n-272 drops wi-fi connection few times a day.

Is this a known fixable problem?

Mike

I’d suggest getting a wired connection to your 272. It should then be rock solid.

2 Likes

The WiFi modules used in the ND5XS2 are a lot better than those in the 272 so it may well solve your dropout problem. If that’s the only problem you want to solve, you might do it much more cheaply with an Ethernet cable which costs next to nothing, or possibly some better WiFi hardware than whatever you have now.
Of course there are other advantages to the ND5XS2 apart from its wireless performance, so it depends what else you are hoping to gain.

1 Like

I misspoke the 272 is hard wired
so not sure what the issue can be?

I have added a Lumin U1 Mini as the streamer for my 272. Great stuff! The streamer section is 272 weak point.

1 Like

Have you tried turning off the 272, the router and any switches? Leave a few minutes, turn on the router, let it fully boot up, then turn on the switch and then let that fully boot up, then finally turn on the 272. It’s important to do it in the right order, and hopefully this will fix it. These computer things can get in a bit of a muddle. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Thanks for all the comments and ideas

May try t Bluesound and then move up if wifi issues clear up

mike

Yes thanks I have power cycled a few times but the cutout is quiet random

Initially thought it might relate to increased wifi demand but not the case

Is the streamer wired directly to you router, or is there other LAN hardware too?

1 Like

Yes its wired directly

Do you have the one WiFi Access Point (which would be the router normally) or do you have other WAPs too? The reason I ask is that sometimes more involved WiFi networks can behave oddly, so that although your phone/tablet is on a nice strong WiFi network, from a protocol point of view it’s not always part of the same network as the wired connections.

In this hypothesis, it is actually your phone dropping off the network the 272 is on rather than the 272 dropping off the network the phone is on.

1 Like

Yes I see

think Im going to wire every thing up
and forget wifi

thanks

mike

1 Like

I have BS node 2i, not the latest unit though. I use it a lot when I am working and want to have the flexibility it offers (I use it to stream/transport digitally to the 272 DAC, which is considerably better than using its onboard DAC, don’t use the TOSLINK, use the RCA Connection) but it’s not as good sonically as the 272 on its own (even using MQA). For this reason my quality listening time is primarily my LP12 followed by streaming using 272.

Have my 272 hard wired and have never had a single problem with it, not even for a moment. So am inclined to think you have a network problem to solve.

1 Like

If the 272 is hard wired into the network there should be no problem with it keeping connected.

So looking at the rest of the picture…

When you say the 272 drops of the network:

Is that because you can’t see the 272 from the Naim App? (In which case it’s more likely that something in your network - typically the ‘router’ - is blocking some of the messages from the app to/from the 272.)

Is it because if you look at the network with a PC (or a Mac) that you can’t see the 272 on the network?

Is it because if you look at the network with a network scanner that it can’t find the 272 on the network?

Are you using DHCP or have you tried to use fixed IP addresses? If fixed…
Have you removed that address range from the DHCP server?
Have you checked to make sure you don’t have IP address conflicts?

Have you tried controlling the 272 from the front panel rather than using the app?

Finally, are you streaming locally or across the internet?

1 Like

Thanks fo this not sure I understand it but
now hard wired all components

its better

thanks

Mike

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.