NAC N-272 technical specs

Hi,
I am from Thailand and just purchased a NAC N-272 from eBay and it was shipped and stuck at Thailand custom clearance. One of the reason was the N-272 has WIFI which needed full approval from our Thailand Office of National Brodcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC).
Because of WIFI, the NBTC asked for some document that would prove that the equipment could be brought and used in our country. They mentioned about the test result that show NAC N-272 WIFI is using not more than 100 mW for 2.4GHz and something like 200 mW for 5.0 GHz. The information is not in the manual, not sure if it is published somewhere that I can download.
I doubt if I could get such information from NAIM in order for me to get the clearance of the N-272.
Look forward to your advices.
Regards,
Akkamon

I think you do indeed need to contact Naim i would very much doubt the information is freely available. Most likely the Thailand authorities would want official documentation, perhaps @Richard.Dane can point you to the best person at Naim HQ.

1 Like

Hi Gazza,
Thank you for your reply, I’m appreciated.
I just found out that the back of NAC N-272 has a sticker with FCC ID ZUCSEDMP3, which I could search in the FCC.gov database and it shows the test report of the WIFI 2.4GHz uses only 8 mW.
This should be ok for me to clear this up. I wish I could get the unit soon!
Thank you so so much,
Akkamon

1 Like

hope it works out well for you. good luck, please update us

1 Like

The NAC N-272 doesn’t have 5 GHz WiFi at all so that bit of the requirement is fine too.

Best
David

1 Like

Otherwise, you can get in touch with Naim via email - use the contacts on the website.

1 Like

Thanks David.
cheers,
akkamon

Thanks Richard, with the FCC printed at the back, I should be fine now.

…& don’t forget to come back & tell us your thoughts on your 272 :+1:

2 Likes

sure!

I finally got NAP 250DR + NAC-N 272 delivered. Setup is very easy with the front panel and then Naim iPhone app.
Sound fantastic!!! Mr. Knopfler just sings and plays his Les Paul in Brother In Arms better than when he did with my Naim Uniti Nova.
Worth the upgrade, I love it!

8 Likes

Welcome to the 272 club. :+1:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Great combo

1 Like

Glad it all worked out for you👍

1 Like

The 272 is dead, long live the 272! :v:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.