NAC-N272/250DR or NDX2/SN2

My findings were different from yours, but I certainly won’t be groaning! One might speculate about why this was, such as amp/speaker matching, equipment burn-in, etc. but ultimately, go with your ears, not what you read online.

on easy load speakers and little room, the ndx2 / SN2 can sound better in some cases. In most cases not…i feel at least.

No groans from me as I think the 272/250DR is the perfect pairing and on the used market both for around £4k

Until Naim bring out the 272.2, 372 if at all my 272/250DR will be my last purchase for a very long time.

1 Like

Does the 272 digitize its analogue inputs like the other naim all in one seems to do?

It has “digital” volume control which makes me wonder.

Not really, though I had a “here we go” moment anticipating the replies. Really glad you have a decision and a system you will enjoy, that’s the key.

No, only the new models do this.

I went from NDX/SN2 to Nac272/250DR. The Nac272 just didn’t cut it for me.
I’m now running Naim Dac => Nac72/HiCapDR/250DR. The Naim Dac is powered via Optical Out from my PC. Beats pretty much everything else.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.