NAC-N272 - An open apology to HH

I’m sure most people on here are aware, how Hungry Halibut has banged on about the NAC-N 272. I like many others doubted his strong endorsement of this product and even mocked his evangelical rantings about this. I finally succumbed to give the 272 ago. All I can say, is that he was absolutely correct in his assertions. I therefore formally apologise to HH for doubting him and consider myself not worthy .

6 Likes

NoNaim, I’ve made a small edit to your title, just to make it a bit clearer. Hope that’s Ok by you.

Glad the NAC-N272 has worked out well for you.

Thank you, Richard

You have a lovely music maker of a system there NoNaim. Enjoy!

I really like the 272/XPS-DR/250DR, Russell K RED 150 and Naim Superlumina system whenever I hear it. Hifi gets out of the way and lets music flow out instead.

Best regards, BF

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind comment.

HH has consistently been right on the 272. All I can add is wait till you plug it into a 555PS.

1 Like

I already have :blush:

1 Like

For me the 272/555DR is all that I need, does everything and sounds excellent.

would 272/555PS non DR be way better than 282/250 on DR ?

In my very recent experience, no.

G

1 Like

Hmm, I’m not sure my enthusiasm ever became ‘evangelical rantings’ but in hindsight I probably did go on about it a bit too much. I found the incessant promotion of the Hugo and the Melco similarly tedious so I quite understand where you are coming from. These days I keep my enthusiasm more under control. I think the fact that I’m still delighted with my 272 after over four years rather speaks for itself.

I’m glad you like it; with the 555DR and 300DR it makes a hell of a system without too much box and cable excess.

2 Likes

@anon4489532 :grinning:. I think I’ll start a 282 love-in​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My dealer said to me (seriously) there has been a bit of a rush on 282’s just recently.

282 fever.

G

1 Like

@GraemeH it’s all good!!

2 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:@anon4489532,…Why.??

We need more enthusiasm and less political correctness.

Probably then,.you have been careful with your installation,.and gained synergy in the music-system versus the room.
Then your music-system has begun singing and creating musical experiences,.this is more important than having the most expensive products.

•Just fun to read about your enthusiasm.

/Peder🙂

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s a really kind and thoughtful comment.

4 Likes

HH enthusiasm for the 272/xpsdr/250dr was a salient factor in my upgrades from the superuniti. Stay tuned for the next one…

2 Likes

Actually I loved your enthusiasm. It is rare to find such optimism in this world.

1 Like

I too have the 272/250DR/XPSDR combination and and very pleased with it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

But does it make The Smiths sound better ??

2 Likes