Nac252, am I reading this right?

8k seems a bit steep 6.5k may be doable. Plus the other kit I may get to 10k so half way there. Mmmmmm. 300DR added in, who wants to take my order. :rofl:

2nd hand trade in prices will be good or should be. Given the delivery times from naim, decent gear is in short supply. Making pre owned stuff worth more than it should be.
I know that sime dealers are short of decent gear right now and are paying well.
Perhaps naim are taking the Rolex approach?

So hold onto it, itā€™s an investment for my kids?

252 DR go for Ā£4500, Supercap DR 3500, depending on age and condition.

I would take them off you if they were mint, but not in a position right now. Sorry! :joy:

Dealer part exchange will give you Ā£6500 for sure.

1 Like

Could be. Or more that prices are higher than they should be due to demand/supply issues.

Sorry to disappoint but 252 to 552 doesnā€™t take a very long demo as I found out to my cost :joy:

2 Likes

I suspected as much from what others have said, which is why at the moment I have no intention of having a demo, especially after splashing out on a 300!!

Good plan. Enjoy your 300. It is a fantastic amp

I casually mentioned to my dealer few weeks ago the I might be looking at a 552 upgrade taking into account extended delivery times on new kit and any price rises that might occur before I make my mind up and order.

I was very pleasantly surprised to get a return call a few days later offering their ex demo 552 at a very competitive price to include taking my 252/Supercap back in p/x.,

A home demo wa arranged and as Buryfc said it doesnā€™t take long for your wallet to take a hit.

Extremely pleased with the deal. I have a 552 installed that is indistinguishable from new with a full warranty and saved some money and the dealer threw in a Narcom remote as well.

Alway worth speaking to your dealer you might be pleasantly suprised like myself at what they can offer.

1 Like

It will be a big step up from the 200!

Having a chat with a reputable dealer can bear dividends. I had enquired about a 250dr at Tomtom which had sold - but then they said we have a 300dr coming in - result!

Thanks, its slightly more difficult here in France. No dealers in a reasonable distance and no home demos or part ex around here. UK part ex no longer possible post Brexit. Once I have the 552 delivered I will complete my review of the kit I have and how much I could get in straight sales over here. The worst case scenario is that I stick to my original plan and make do with a 552DR and 300DR until that possible move is completed. Meanwhile I am enjoying the magnificent sound of the 252DR and 300DR with Diana Krall entertaining us.

Why donā€™t you sell it privately on the Bay? You will get a good price for your stuff even post Brexit. I donā€™t know how old your 252 and Supercap DR are.

Vat is a problem, selling across eu non eu. There is a limited market out here but Germany is fairly buoyant and some interest in both France and the Netherlands. I did sell a FC/112/150 into Italy a year or so ago. Itā€™s just not as active or rapid a market as the UK.

Iā€™m running 552DR and 300DR and it is fantastic. Once Iā€™d upgraded from 252 to 552 I put my money into upgrading my NDS to an ND555. Iā€™m in no rush to jump to a 500DR. My dealer thinks my next move should be a second 555PS which he thinks is a bigger jump than the power amp upgrade.

Iā€™m enjoying what Iā€™ve got and am in no rush to do either as my savings recover.

1 Like

No such thing as a 252 DR. Thereā€™s a SC DR and a 250.2 DR.

Indeed you are correct I should have written 252/SCDR. I run these with the 300DR/300PS.
The non DR SC I run with my 82 into my non DR 250.2.
So important to get the correct terminology to avoid confusion.

Hi Bruss, at least one dealer I know here in NL does take part exchange and presumably there are more. In fact yesterday I traded in my 2013 NDX for a new NDX2 plus XPS2 DRā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure you will enjoy the NDX2/XPSDR, I love mine. A world class source!

Thank you! Iā€™m told it will probably not arrive until September so will continue to enjoy the NDX until then.

1 Like