NAC252 - Supercap cable question

Hi everyone,
I don’t know which cables belong to the Supercap and the NAC 252.
There is a snaic cable and a burndy cable. I think both belong originally to the Supercap and the NAC 252 goes just with the power cable, but I’m not sure.
Can anybody help?
thank you and kind regards
Alexis

Burndy SNAIC + remote from 252 and power cord from Supercap

2 Likes

https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic.php?oid=1566878604301792&coid=159503632588890

What’s in the box.

1 Like

The Naim website has this information for all products under Specification - here it is for the 252 - supplied with: NARCOM-4 Remote Control, Burndy, SNAIC

1 Like

As above. Screenshot from Naim website details of NAC 252 in case you need it for sale / trade in.

1 Like

@Richard.Dane these queries crop up regularly. Could the ‘what’s in the box’ entry in the forum archive be copied to the current FAQ? Ideally it would need updating of course, but even a straight copy of Steve’s old post would answer the vast majority of the questions posted here.

2 Likes

It’s there in the Archive FAQ. I would like to have it here, but I think it only makes sense if updated.

My knowledge of what went in the boxes is fine up to the point where I stopped working at the factory in 2009. Beyond that point, I’m on much shakier ground. Ideally the gaps would be filled in by someone at Naim. I have asked in the past, but I guess if you want something done properly, best do it oneself. So, leave it to me, but I wouldn’t hold your breath, it may take a little while…

2 Likes

Here it is, so far…

4 Likes

Naim used to put the relevant info in the Specifications on each product web page. I notice that on more recent products it’s not there, and you have to download the quick start guide to find it. At least it’s all out there somewhere.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for their help, kindly appreciated,
Alexis

Good job, Richard… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s easy to remember that the SCDR doesn’t include any interconnect cable, because it does several things, and they don’t all use the same cables. I have a 252 and a Superline, each with their own SCDR. The cable compliment is entirely different for each: Burndy/SNAIC for one, a different Burndy + DIN 4-5 for the other.

1 Like

Don’t get me stared on the worthless “quick start” guides! Where did proper owners manuals go???

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.