Nac282 doing « reboot »

@Richard is not Richard.Dane

1 Like

@Richard :Noted and corrected :wink:

1 Like

@NeilS /@Richard.Dane

Here is a summary of my different test made during the last 3 weeks.

Test 1:

• Nac282/Nap250.2/Hicap ON
  • NDX/Superline/Supercap/RP10 OFF

=> No reboot after a full week

Test 2:

• Nac282/Nap250.2/Hicap/NDX ON
  • Superline /Supercap/RP10 OFF

=> Reboot happen once

Test 3:

• Nac282/Nap250.2/Hicap/Superline /Supercap/RP10 ON
  • NDX OFF

=> Reboot happen once

Test 4:

• Nac282/Nap250.2/Hicap/Superline /Supercap/RP10/NDX ON

=> Reboot happen once

So if source connected I’ve got reboot !

Any idea ?

Thx both for your support

It’s a mystery to me, but @NeilS may be able to make some sense from it.

Does the 282 reboot when powered by the Supercap with no source connected or only when powered by the Hicap??

One of the problems with your test is that you haven’t stated how long the system was running for with a source attached before the reboots occurred. If after a week it’s no different to ‘no source’, if after a few minutes it’s likely significant.

Does it reboot when a source is attached to any input or just one of them?

Hi HFF,

If you are only experiencing one reboot a week, I think you need to leave it longer than a week with the sources switched off in order for the test to be conclusive.
How far is the 282 located in relation to the other units with transformers?

Regards
Neil.

My Nac282 is powered by the Hicap, the supercap is dedicated to the Superline (RP10)

The reboot is happening at least once a week hence my test during a full week.
I’ve head few reboot when listening music …music stops…the back after the reboot.
I have also some “pop” on speakers time to time (don’t know if related /causing /source of my problem)

NDX and my RP10 are connected to different inputs and reboot is happening in both case

@NeilS You are correct, to extent my test I will let my Nac/Nap on a bit more on without any source (2 weeks) .

Concerning the power/amp those are located on the rack at the same place as before problem happens. I m in a new flat since two years and the same setup was running Without any reboot on my previous flat .
Problem starts when joining my new apartment hence my initial though that was caused by electrical signal (elevator…) but as per this trail could be something else.

Investigation continuing

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.