Nac282 Volume Problem

Hi. Can anyone shed any light on an issue I have with my 2020 Nac282.
The volume control is very hit and miss. Turning the knob and the sound comes and goes and you have to search to find a position that works without distortion. Using the Naim app volume control on my iPad and all works perfectly.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Colin.

The app volume control just drives the same volume pot on your 282. Some 282/252s have small balance issues, usually at very low volume levels. But not so much as you have described.
As with all these things get your dealer involved.

1 Like

Thanks Thegreatroberto.
It sounds like the volume control just needs a clean. Probably not as simple as that!
Cheers.

I would hope that a volume pot in a 282 from 2020 didn’t need a clean. If it doesn’t clear after some waggling I would be asking my dealer for help

1 Like

Spot on Roog.
I gave it some waggling and guess what, it now works fine.
Thank you.
Colin.

1 Like

Do you have variable volume enabled on your NDX2? That would explain why it adjusts the volume without affecting sound quality in the way that your 282 volume pot does. The trouble with that is that it also tends to degrade sound quality a bit compared to the analogue control on the 282 and is best disabled.

As for the malfunctioning volume pot, that sounds like a fault that Naim need to fix, and will hopefully be covered by the warranty.

1 Like

Hi ChrisSU.

I’ve turned the volume to ‘fixed’ and what a difference.
Thanks for your advice.

Kind regards,
Colin.

Hi Colin. Now you just need to enable system automation and connect the streamer and preamp so that you can still control volume using the app.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.