Naim 252 speaker hissssssssss

With Naim speakers and cable I can hardly hear it at all from listening position. However, some speakers are quite tipped up in the HF, just in the range where hiss might be exacerbated. Speaker cable can also have an effect. Also, once you get above 90dB in sensitivity, the hiss is also exacerbated somewhat.

Inky blackness is the gold standard🙂

252 here via 135’s into Arcs. Just tested mine, no hiss at all on the streamer channel, even at extreme volume positions. On phono, only hiss present when past normal listening position, say from 11:00 o’clock onwards. ATB

Odd :slight_smile:

Yep, Arcs certainly are! :laughing:

Have it with 552/500 as well. Speakers are about 91 dB sensitivity but not audible at listening position

2 Likes

I have 252/SCDR/300DR with 4ohm Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum. I have to put my ears within about 9" or less of the tweeter array to hear any hiss at all. Never even noticed it before and it’s completely inaudible anywhere close to anyone’s listening position, with phono or digital.

1 Like

Sitting on the dock of the bay, has just come on and Mrs Bruss has asked if she can hear the sea. It’s the sound of waves on that track and is the closest to hissing I’ve heard with the 252 and Spendors.

If you can hear a hisssss from your Naim rig, check the cables, particularly the Snaics.

Did you see what I did there?

8 Likes

:man_facepalming:t5:

Tough crowd.

1 Like

We’re just grateful you’re here all week.

:wink:

On every Thursday evening, free entry.

1 Like

That’s a slithery slope you’re on.

Boom, boom!

Hissing snaic - probably a pythhhhhhhhhhhon

Anybody got a 552 and does that hiss, my 252 certainly does but I cannot hear it at the listening position.

Yes but I can’t hear it at listening position.

1 Like

282, 252, 552, they’ve all hissed but I sit about 3m away so it’s never been a problem. Get close to them and obviously you can hear it.

2 Likes