Naim and Dynaudio Thread

that’s an easy one, the contour 20.

and spend the saved money on improving that all important, Source !

There’s no point running a souce/DAC which cost 200 dollars into a Contour 20i let alone a confidence.

4 Likes

Haven’t heard the Contour 20, but to my ears, in my room, I would surely go for the Confidence. But, there is of course a huge price difference !
… at least I would give both Contour 20i and Confidence 20 a live demo at home … success.

Yep. I’ve heard this before :slight_smile:

Now I’m confused. Above you write, “Major difference between Contour 20 and Confidence 20” and then you write, “Haven’t heard the Contour 20”. Eh?

New speakers and Naim kit: 500 series, dCS Rossini and Confidence 50’s… sounds good :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Very nice setup! :blush:

1 Like

It better should! :rofl: Have fun, this must sound fabulous!

1 Like

has anyone been able to compare the 2016 contour to the new 2020 ones with the improved tweeter?

I’m curious to know how much the new tweeter takes things forward

Just to add my Mk1 Contour s3.4’s are sounding very, very good with the
Quad Artera/Elite QSP the Tilt EQ can really help with some recordings not as agile as a 102/180 say but gives out a lovely wide analogue sound.

Looks great xcentric but allow me to suggest some cable dressing :+1:t3:ATB Peter

pictures like these will make me dream about winning the lottery again tonight

thanks - it’s been carefully dressed by Pete from Acoustica however. The cables on the floor are not for the hifi…

sorry, no - Acoustica in Chester may be able to help with a demo, or if you want to listen to the new tweeter in these Confidences, and you’re in the midlands, let me know…

First ever post…I bought Confidence 20 stand mount speakers 8 weeks ago. Probably now had 130 hours of use, sounding great with 272, XpsDR, 250DR …and still changing. Dullish just 2 weeks ago, now sounding open with controlled bass.
Anyone out there think that a nac 272 volume of 40 rather than say 20 speeds up the process much?

16054549667225069381893267684427|375x500 ?!?

5 Likes

Hi Chris, welcome to the madhouse! That’s an awesome system you have there, if I were you I’d not bother too much about breaking in and just enjoying the music!

Have fun!

Thanks for the great advice @Dynaudio1 , the 300DR does an excellent job on Contour 60! Because of the corona, and that this is now my daily office, I have already started to have other speakers auditioned. The C20 is fantastic but I think I will probably go towards floor standing. Too bad the C30 is so expensive.

7 Likes

Thanks for the Welcome …and sensible advice Klout10.

Only been reading posts on here for 16 years!

I’ve spent a lot of money but a naim setup and Dynaudio speakers are worth every hard earned penny!

2 Likes

Don’t forget ,part of that extra cost of the c 30 is the savings allowed by not having to buy stands and perhaps fill for them.Maybe, they are not so expensive overall. (LOL), easy to spend someone else money. :grinning:

1 Like

Whilst the upgrade path is great fun, and each time you do it it’s only a smaller additional sum, if you can stretch to it, going for a higher-end system/speaker straight away is actually more cost-effective, AND you get to listen to it for longer as you have it that much earlier… so give the Confidence’s a chance. The 50’s are lovely…

just waiting for a pair of evoke 10’s to be delivered to replace emit 10, be interesting to hear the difference on the end of supernait 2