Naim announcement tonight?

Based on serial nr this is sold units per year. Not a positive trend overall. I’m sure this will change with the super car partnership…!

Naim for any car is my want.

If I could get something for mine I would be spending silly money on my car system. It is the big bugbear that I have about in car sound. There just isn’t the aftermarket system that satisfies the musical soul in me. Surely there is an opportunity to have a Naim system that would sit behind the manufacturers front control panels. When car sales get going again, surely this is a massive market that Naim could capitalise on.

1 Like

In isolation, this makes perfect sense.

But in the context of just announcing a partnership with a multi-million car limited to 100 whatever very rich people, it doesn’t really pass the sniff test and really looks like a drift away from the core business and clients (that’s us) who buy stuff to keep the company afloat. But I’m sure it’s very nice for those 100 or so people who end up with one.

1 Like

I think that is a fair point about new products Richard. But you might understand some Naim owners unhappiness about what is a very niche joint venture when three years after launch many Uniti owners still have problems with screen issues, the app (eg poor Qobuz integration) etc. Three years is a long time to fix these and this gives the impression, whether true or not, that Naim’s mind is focussed elsewhere

8 Likes

fully agree. why was this preannounced??

1 Like

I’m afraid that tells you next to nothing; by that reckoning the value of one Statement = one Stageline or Nait 5si. It also doesn’t include the many thousands of Mu-So and Mu-So Qbs sold (they use a different serial numbering scheme). Better to look at Naim overall sales performance, which has been increasingly strong and has, I’m told, remained surprisingly robust under current economic circumstances.

3 Likes

“derived from Naim’s revolutionary NAC-N 272.2”

Half a mo! To the best of my knowledge, Naim don’t make a N-272.2.

1 Like

I am on the side of Naim here. I can’t afford that car and Naim system, and never will, but this linking of best of, with best of, is good PR and sends the right message. Of course if Naim are going to stop making all of their existing products and only make supercar sytems then I might object.

9 Likes

For all you “Thatcherites” who believe in the “trickle-down” theory of economics, maybe in future, my cheap car will have Naim audio installed by default :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You forget that Naim has been involved in in-car hifi for over 12 years now with Naim for Bentley. It may not be its core business but it’s definitely an important part of it. And this represents a new challenge - a particularly tricky one I would imagine - of how to get great sound in an electric car where minimising any extraneous drain on battery resources is critical.

4 Likes

I’m sure my new Dacia Duster will be Naim equipped as a matter of course

1 Like

I recently purchased a second 555PS DR, my dealer has some good acquaintances at Focal France. It seems that numerous 500 series have been purchased during the last few months.

From a marketing and business perspective, this alliance is evidently a good thing and should certainly positively increase Naim’s cash flow (medium term).

There was no pre-announcement.

From what I can see, a member here saw a tweet on Clare Newsome’s personal twitter saying she was excited about a launch later that evening, and, seeing her association with Focal and Naim, put 2 and 2 together and posted it here.

It’s Pinifarina’s launch, with Naim as one of their technology partners. The timing was, I’m told, Pininfarina’s choice.

3 Likes

But the question was on the situation with the continued presence in a discontinued product-category - not a request for a detailed product announcement with guaranteed delivery date.

It is a positive question. People who want to stay with Naim.

2 Likes

We need to ponder though whether we on the forum are in fact the most lucrative segment to try and please. If not, our opinions count for little.

6 Likes

but will Naim ever make affordable car stereo? EV or not?

Anyway maybe it’s good advertising to sell the rich on Statements/ND555/552/500’s…

and the expensive Focal Utopias…

Or round the other way

Would never happen. No company with most of sales being international will think leaving EU is great for their business.

1 Like

My Swiss colleagues wouldn’t agree. :wink:

1 Like

Mine too. It’s one of the few places where I feel I can really get involved in the music without annoying those members of the family who are busy trying to do other things. As Richard has said they’ve been involved in car hi-fi for over 12 years now - yet are completely ignoring what I think would be an incredibly lucrative market in aftersales car hi-fi upgrades. This forum is full of tweakers who’d probably jump at the chance to play with DSP, Focal speaker kits and Naim amplification to enhance the manufacturers head units. Or maybe that’s just me and you…

1 Like