Naim App in Folder View

Just re - downloaded the Naim App due to having a few issues, and now the app will only play my albums in alphabet order (in folder view) which is awful.
I am using an NDS.
THANKS
Mark C

This is a function of your media server software (NAS or whatever) so the question is what is the media server & what UPnP software is installed

I have been using minim server for about 8 years without any problems.
Problem came when I re downloaded the Naim App.

have been using minim server for about 8 years without any problems.
Problem came when I re downloaded the Naim App.
QNAP also for last 8 years and no probs.

Are you no longer able to choose between folder view and tag view in the Naim app?

OK, its a long while since I used Minimserver, so I’ll leave it to the experts.
But if its started with a new app install, I would look at the UPnP input, try resetting the app or even deleting it, but after deleting empty all the tablets memory, & then force restart & then reinstall the app.

I can use folder (and have always used this) and i have the untagged view but untagged does not seem to do anything

As far as I’m aware, ‘untagged’ is just a list of any files for which Minimserver cannot find the metadata, so in a perfect world it would be empty. I would normally use tag view, but in folder view, you have the option to choose between alphabetical and the normal album order. Perhaps the update has lost your settings and defaulted to alphabetical for some reason?
If you go to an album and tap on the A-Z icon in the top R you should see the option to choose between Alphabetical or ‘Server Default’ view.

Yes thats something new in the latest app.
It first opens (defaults) to Alphabetical, but touch the A-Z (the actual A-Z, not the line) & the popup appears.

1 Like

Strange, I can see it’s doing that with Minimserver which I only occasionally look at on my backup library. No such change visible on Unitiserve.

You top person!

Just done what you have suggested and it has work.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

Regards

Freightliner Mark C

1 Like

I haven’t noticed the Alphabetical and Server Default options before. What’s the difference? Mine is in server default mode now.

Its new in the latest app, I don’t really understand why it needed, maybe more use on the new platforms

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.