Naim App iOS Widget

I seem to have managed to install the Naim widget on my iPhone XS, and when I swipe right from the home screen I can see it. However, it doesn’t seem to do anything, or even be working properly. It says “Use the Naim App to connect to a compatible playing Streamer”. If I tap it, it opens the Naim app. When I’m looking at this, the Naim app is open and playing (iRadio).
What’s wrong with it? What do I need to do to get it doing something useful (such as display the playing now info)?

It only functions properly with the new platform streamers. So nothing you can do with an NDS.

Best

David

1 Like

Forgive me if I’m stating the obvious; have you got the phone connected to wifi? It works with my NDX (v1) which I believe is on the same ‘platform’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, David, that wouldn’t be surprising.

@JR007 your experience seems to be contradicting David’s suggestion. Would you mind explaining (or showing) what you see and can do via the widget?

As I recall from the beta testing of it a year or two back, with the old streamers you can use it as a shortcut to the app (which is largely pointless) but with the new streamers you have playing controls right there on the lock screen.
Best

David

1 Like

That’s all I get from it, certainly. (And as you say, pretty pointless.)

Forgive me - had not long got up :grimacing: read the text; didn’t fully ‘take it in’ - it does just act as a ‘shortcut’ to the app :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it helps, this is using it against my ND5 XS2 playing a track via Server Mode, so you do get some control. I also tried it with Spotify, and it also shows the track with the same controls, although next/previous track is greyed out but it will pause
8cb499d3abc08df9b6c93f690392ee45cf93d614_2_281x500

Thanks, GM, that’d be useful foe me, but not to be with my NDS.

Very nice song that!

Best

David

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.