Naim App periodically unresponsive with Core/NDac

Does anyone experience this? When I say “unresponsive” I mean that it does not respond when I tap “play.” I am able to select an album to play but no response when I tap the play button. Refreshing the App does not do anything. The only thing I’ve resorted to is restarting the Core by unplugging it. After the restart it works.
This happens periodically - like once every couple of months.
Anyone know the cause of this?

Probably an issue with your router. Next time it happens, restart your router instead of your Core. Does that fix the problem?

Best

David

Thanks David. This is not a new problem. Been happening for a long time now. I just changed the router - brand new Asus RT-88U a couple of months ago. But I’ll try the router the next time and see what happens.

Also when you say “refresh the app”, do you mean stopping it and restarting it? Is this IOS or Android?

Best

David

Yes.
App is on latest IPad Mini.

Ok well my best guess is that something is breaking down in communication between your Core and router. The problem you describe is not one that I have seen often or regularly here, although most people probably don’t control the Core with the app, but rather control a streamer to call for stuff from the Core.

So maybe you are seeing a bug that everyone else has missed. It does happen. But if you can’t fix it by restarting your router, but can when that having failed, you restart your Core, then that is something to pass back to the developers.

Best

David

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.