Naim App ‘Stream As’ option

Wow…that’s pretty cool. When it comes to Genres I’m afraid I label everything ‘No Genre’
Just my particular choice as i get too confused over what music falls into what Genre. The band Cream…Rock or Blues? Way too complicated when it comes to Jazz as well. I’m a neat freak so I like everything just so and quite minimalistic. I never browse music by Genre anyway.

One thing i struggle with on dBPoweramp is when I insert a disc to rip and I want to change the dates on individual tracks. Can’t work out how to do it. If I put a date in one track…it defaults to all the tracks. I know I can do it after the CD is ripped by going into the metadata but wondered if there is a way to allocate dates to specific tracks before ripping?

So far, I’m 200 CDs into a 2000 CD collection so I’m desperate to get it right from the beginning.

That’s done in your computer, I think you indicated it’s a Mac

I don’t use Genre either nor Album date…think about how you would like to browse your music within the Naim app and then use metadata in the rips and the Asset browse tree to create that experience.

1 Like

And take extra care ripping those Shpongle CDs :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

All my Shpongle albums are on vinyl!!”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.