Naim app / Tidal issues

Great thanks for the quick response…, Tidal has become quite essential in my way of listening music (exploring new material)…

2 Likes

Thank you. It is all working perfectly again.

Tidal is live!

Firstly thanks to this forum members and @Richard.Dane for making Naim aware of this concern. I think this is a great benefit of this community and having a forum. Also thanks to @Stevesky and Naim/Tidal for getting things back on track.

100% agree with you @BertBird

My plan getting back to HiFi gear is stick only to streamers, Naim and content providers likes of Tidal and Spotify so stability/collaboration between Naim products and these providers will be the deciding factor for my next step towards heavier black boxes.

4 Likes

Thanks Steve, working fine for me, too (OP).

Well no joy here - I’ve been unable to access Tidal on either my Muso or Nova today despite reloading the Naim app and rebooting my Muso. I don’t think it’s a problem with my Tidal account as I can access the Tidal app ok

Hi folks , I was following this Tidal issue with great interest over the last few hours and during all that time ,I never experienced any problems whatsoever. However since the fix has been set in place by Tidal , I now have a login issue where I have to put my password in and when I do it accepts it but won’t let me select anything and tells me there is a login issue.
Anyone else still experiencing problems.

Yes exactly the same problem here - my email address is there but it doesn’t recognise my password although the same login details work fine on the Tidal app. Arghhh!

All back to normal at last

Back on track since yesterday evening😊

My tidal is working again.
But this latest app update gave me more problems than earlier.
All of a sudden the spinning wheel.
Problems finding room.
Have to restart my ipad once a day.
It was not like this before.

I don’t know if anyone from Naim monitors these posts but all of the issues since the firmware upgrade is becoming a joke, do Naim not check the software before release to the public?
I personally have had to downgrade my software to an earlier version before reinstalling the updated software due to the Nova becoming unlistenable, had Tidal stop working, the screen now intermittently freezes on the home screen and it doesn’t find the room at the first attempt. Not good enough Naim.
Nick

You shouldn’t need to restart the iPad. There are a couple of other things to try. One is that if you look at the rooms screen in the Naim app, and you put your finger an inch down from the top centre, drag down an inch and let go, it forces the app to look again afresh for rooms rather than look where it found rooms before. If you get the Notifications screen when you drag down, then you have your finger too near the top of the screen.

The second thing to try is stopping the app. So you activate the app switcher by swiping up from the bottom of the screen or a double press of the home button, depending on your iPad, then find the Nsim app and swipe it up, so it disappears. Then come out of the app switcher with an upward swip from the bottom edge of the iPad or by pressing the home button. Then reselect the Naim app and now it should find your rooms.

Best

David

@Dalmatian, the issue on iOS devices and Tidal not working was not caused by any new release from Naim, this issue was introduced by a change Tidal side. We were informed last evening that Tidal have made a change and all should be working again.

With reference to the other issues you mention on your Nova, can you please contact the support team here at Naim with details of the problems your seeing. Can you include details of the firmware you currently have installed and the steps you’ve been through to get you to this firmware version.

Thanks
Roland

Hi Roland, thanks for replying to my issues, my point is the Nova is a fantastic product that cost a huge amount of money (in my world), I have owned Naim products since 1984 and never had issues like I’ve had with the Nova.
My first one went up in smoke, the reply from Naim was to replace it but I had to drive to my supplying dealer in London when I live in Bristol, I’ve had various times when I’ve had to unplug it from the mains to clear freezing issues on firmware 2.6 and the upgrade to firmware 3.2 absolutely ruined the sound and reduced the volume.
Again I contacted Naim who replied really quickly and sent me a link to reinstate the 2.6.1 software and then reinstall the 3.2 version, this did cure the problem and I’m again very pleased with the sound quality, I now have issues with the screen freezing on the home screen and the app doesn’t find the Nova the first time.
My point is why do I have to contact Naim and jump through hoops to get my high end stereo to work properly, any other software/firmware updates on any other piece of electronic equipment seems to work fine first time. In my business (aerospace industry) we test things and make sure they work 100% before releasing to the customer.
I do appreciate the support from Naim, you have made a fantastic product let down by poor software.

Regards,

Nick

I don’t own a Naim streamer but Tidal no longer works on my Allo DigiOne Signature running LMS. Tidal suggested I get in touch with Logitech. As per suggested on the Tidal website, LMS used to require the Ickstream pluging to stream Tidal but recently it worked without the now discontinued plugin. I just cancelled Tidal until someone comes up with a fix.

Hi Steve

That’s good news that this was fixed but there remains the issue of Naim/Tidal where a queued list stops after only 1 or 2 tracks have been played. What are Tidal doing about this. Logging out/in of the Tidal app does not resolve it?

Paul

are there any plans to introduce a Qobuz API? - Tidal is a waste of money and a huge irritant

Tidal issues once again today with the Naim app - Tidal working fine but not with Naim. What is the problem?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.