Naim app update for iOS

I can’t find it on my iPad, is it for the iPhone only?

Have it on my ipad, did you pull down in the App Store to refresh?

Just go into App Store and type Naim in search. App will then ask you to update or not!

Thanks guys, found it.

I still can’t get the app store to find the new version on my iPad. When I look up the Naim app, it just gives me the option to open.

Edit: I found it!

n-lot, I have been informed by Naim that they hope to add a similar feature in future to Android, but it’s a lot more complex to implement. Naim confirm that they remain committed to offering as much parity as possible between the different platforms their App runs on.

1 Like

Hi Richard,

that’s good to hear. I have no issue with waiting a bit longer.

Thanks for checking with them!

I know this is quite a simple update, but for me it has made using my Muso and Qb much better. I really do like to see what track is playing when listening and this make it quicker and easier than having to go into the app all of the time.

Thank you NAIM.

2 Likes

I also just looked in the App store and only found the previous version with the option to OPEN it. The new one loaded from the Richard’s link.

Is ‘the Richard’ a bit like ‘the Donald’ ? :wink:

1 Like

How can you tell if you have the latest Naim app for IOS on the I-Pad and I-Phone?

Go to Settings > About and you’ll see the version you’ve got.

BTW the update is already available for Android as well; got it on my Smartphone this Monday evening.

It’s definitely not a major update, but it’s worth it anyway. As a controller for my NAC-N272 the only visible improvements are:

• volume control via buttons (with customizable volume control display)
  • smoother screens transition
  • better display of current playlist

Does anyone know what’s the purpose of “Tap for options” and of “Stay connected” options ?

5.15 here but I can’t determine what’s new with it. Seems the same in operation to me?

IPad latest version ios. NDX2.

G

He’s not that bad.

1 Like

The main one is Qobuz, but you won’t get it until the streamer firmware is available.
…and there’s the widget!

If you click on the listing in the app store it will take you through to the screen where the ‘Open’ does become ‘Update’.

Thanks but what is ‘the widget’?

G

I really like it. Widget for lock screen is really helpful

Swipe the screen from L to R and the widget will appear, including when your screen is locked. If gives you quicker access to basic controls.