Naim App

I’m a user who finds the Naim app is fine. I use the default background and don’t care about changing it. I can rapidly find any of the 2,000+ albums I have stored locally, I can find music on the Tidal and Qobuz services I subscribe to, that is what I want it to do.
I’m cool other people want other features, but the app does a great job for me.

1 Like

Native app of qubuz offers more interesting content than Qubuz managed by the Naim App, for example.
I don’t manage files locally, I only use streaming.
Hello

Hi @Fatcat,
The reordering of tracks can be done with the same ‘drag and drop’ action when an album (or any other collection of tracks) is in the play queue. Please see attached GIF.
dragdropPQ

3 Likes

It would probably help people to advise you if you said what Naim app (the Android and IOS versions are very different), which update you are concerned about and what equipment you are trying to control, also whether the connections are wired or WiFi.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! The only thing that is “clear” here is that preferences vary widely.

Also, note that the way that the Naim app displays content can very depending on the music server/source and how it’s set up.

When I was using the Naim app, I found it rather easy to find what I was looking for. I could easily browse by Artist, or Album name. I typically play entire albums.

I’ve been using Roon for about 3 years now and both my wife and I do prefer it for a variety of reasons. I prefer it’s interface on the iPhone and especially like being able to install a client on my Macbook and to run it from there.

I’m using the latest IOS an a 1 year old iPad with the latest update
Gary

Yes well so am I and it all works perfectly all the time. Your network isn’t working properly.

What about the rest of my questions? What are you controlling, how is it all connected? There’s no point anyone here trying to guess!

I use the App on both iPhone and iPad and I have different volume indication between the room page and the track.

It’s normal?

You may have different maximum volumes set for the two streamers?

I can check but I think no

I’m feeling dumb. Can you point out what’s different, please? Thx

Ah, Thx! I believe that the overall length of the volume bar for the Qb 0613 in the rooms screen is shortened due to the Pause button. So the white knob is repositioned in relation to this shortened length - it is still slightly below half of the visible white line.

In other words, don’t compare it as if the white line for the volume bar extended behind the Pause button, it doesn’t

In my interpretation at least … :slight_smile:

Oh… maybe, yes maybe

I reckon you are quite right there!

I’ve been pondering since seeing these screenshots what’s better from a UI perspective and am still not quite sure. For viewing and consistent moving of the slider it’s probably better if all bars are considered the same length. However, then you can’t pull it to full volume if the Pause button is there. I suppose the best solution would be if the tiles were a bit higher, so that the Pause button does not collide with the volume bar.

Thanks Tom,

I’m not able to access the play queue. Maybe it’s down to the fact I’m using Miniserve with an android phone on a QB Mk1. Or maybe it’s down to the fact I’m net very good with smart phones. :scream_cat:

Edit.
Managed to find the play queue. Able to drag tracks around, but it appear to contain hundreds or thousands of tracks. Can’t undersatand how that’s happened.

I have 4 devices and control them with iPhone and or IPad - devices keep dropping out and I typically get the “wheel of death”

Everything worked perfectly prior to Naim’s last update.

Very frustrated that an update can destroy my listening ability.

Am I doing / not doing something or is the issue with Naim?

But it all worked perfectly before the update……