Naim at the Bristol Show 2020

https://www.bristolshow.co.uk/brand_info.lasso?brand=289

All new data switch from Chord cables company. Don’t know what means “ new data” for them.

Yes, but why the specify “ all new data switch “? The term written in the link you posted.
They could just have said “ Ethernet switch “.

data switch, Ethernet switch or simply switch , means roughly the same.

1 Like

So, sitting in the Naim room at the moment. It’s an open room, behind the bar/cafe. They are demonstrating Statement, fed by ND555 + 2x555PS, taking music from a Uniti Core into a set of Focal Scala Utopia Evos.

Have to say that despite the room comprises, it does sound rather nice.

19 Likes

Nice little selection of merchandise.

20 Likes

The Kudos room has an interesting setup. Kudos Titan 707 fed by a Supernait 3, in preamp mode with SNAXO, 250DR and hicaps. Fully active!

30 Likes

Hey Marka…your posts are appreciated👍

4 Likes

Odd kind of set up! I have to say though, I do like the look of the 707s.

5 Likes

Very interesting system and also says a lot about the SN3 Pre section. Lovely Speakers .

3 Likes

A surprisingly fresh sounding system. Hegel H590 into a set of KEF LS50. Fed by Roon on MacBook Pro over USB, direct into the Hegel’s built in DAC.

Demonstrates what a source/amp first approach with cheaper speakers can do.

13 Likes

The new Harbeth P3ESR XD.

Vocals on this sound heavenly.

8 Likes

Hey Marka, you took the place of Bert this year. Thanks to post. Bert will probably post again on Munich.
Have you heard new Leema streamers?
Pink Faun ?

1 Like

Thanks for the photos and commentary. It’s very helpful for us “across the pond”

Harbeth C7ES-3 XD. These are the former 40th Anniversary editions, but in a normal cabinet (rather than the special cabinets) and without the WBT binding posts.

Rather lovely. But they are running off a nice big amp to give them the bass kick.

If you like holographic imaging and acoustic instruments how they are supposed to sound. These are wonderful.

7 Likes

This was the playlist I captured in Naim room.

4 Likes

Hegel H390? All models come as XD now?

Yes, Alan Shaw is running the H390 for the demo. I think all models are XDs now. So they all have the new crossover improvements of the former 40th Anniversary’s.

1 Like

Just come out of the Chord Company demo, they did the 8Switch and…
A Burndy!
I’m not a Naim person, there was a definite increase in clarity, flow for both.

1 Like

Of course any discussion relating to a Non-Naim burndy is not allowed here.