Naim at the Bristol Show 2020

I thought it sounded great - inventive combination and v nice speakers.

1 Like

Chord Electronics showcasing their new power and preamp combination.

Ultima 6 power amp and Ultima Pre 2.

Sounds great. Really fast and tight.

Fed by Innuos zen into MScaler into Dave. ATC speakers.

7 Likes

@marka, great informative reporting and photos.

Many thanks

3 Likes

+1 to what Nigel said. Great read, i was thinking of popping along tomorrow…not sure now :wink::joy:

1 Like

Bring along your favourite headphones and do yourself a favour and listen to the Astell&Kern A&ultima SP1000M digital audio player.

Very tempted by this. Made my little Sennheiser ie800s come alive!

1 Like

Just back from the Show.

Arriving late morning, my timing allowed me the opportunity for a really great long talk (too long for him probably!) with Charlie Henderson about naim / previous naim shows / naim history / music and more. He clearly has a passion for all things naim past, present and future. In fact, in the Statement room set up, there was various older naim products including Chrome Bumper on display which was a nice nod to the product heritage, rather than have all new or latest units.

7 Likes

Presumably to avoid a separate power supply also being needed for the Pre?

Yes, keeps the box count down for sure.

Excellent, thank you.

Well it seems Kudos think so fronting a 13K speaker . Be very interesting to hear how it sounds .

Cheapest piece of Naimequipment I’ve ever bought!

13 Likes

Not Naim i’m afraid but this looks like it would be a lot of fun as a starter system. The little io amp looks interesting too…

11 Likes

I went and listened to this set-up. It was a great little thing. Perfect vinyl starter system. The only thing not included in the price is the stands, if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

I love the idea of a proper vinyl system in a box. And all for just under £1k. I spent at least one LP side listening to some Mr Hooker this system and while it wasn’t the highest of Fi it definitely managed to get to the heart of the music. It should sell in droves.

4 Likes

How are the T-shirts going? Will there be any left for Sunday?

I certainly hope so, for your sake…

And nice to see the Kytes reborn! The originals were / are cracking little boxes and I still have mine.

Thanks for the photos and room reports @marka

1 Like

LOL I had been intending to come today. When I booked the train on Wednesday those nice people at Network Rail neglected to mention that the Romsey to Salisbury section was shut due to a landslide! The replacement bus took an hour because it took the scenic route up the Test Valley, arriving at Salisbury Station in time to watch the Bristol train departing!

At which point I gave up, took the bus back to Southampton (another hour & a half down the Test Valley).

I’ll be driving on Sunday!

2 Likes

Wait till you add a power supply ?

Looks really good to me and I will look out for a demo sometime just to hear it.

So if it’s good it should sell really well I imagine.

Nice one Rega!