Naim at the Bristol Show 2020

Wrong system FR. We will be demoing the Naim for Bentley system in the Flying Spur.

The speakers inside the Bentley are not BO?

In the B&O system equipped cars it may well have been, but not in the Naim for Bentley system equipped cars.

In that Whathifi review, the article is talking about BO speakers in Bentley. At the beginning of the review. So apparently an error from Whathifi.

1 Like

I don’t think it is just the switch, we knew about that. They’re saying it’s a treat for Naim owners, so it’s something Naim-specific.

4 Likes

I’d heard it was a stick-on silver front covered in meaningless lights and buttons.

4 Likes

We’ve already had that. Not Naim’s finest hour. Doubtless, due to their well deserved rarity, they are now selling for small fortunes on a certain auction site

4 Likes

Focal say their Scala Utopia Evo will be powered by Statement…

1 Like

The wonderful part-i-pak for the slimline series if I recall correctly. I remember a factory tour where a highlight (!) was the chance to stick one on a box and make it look awful. I wonder what the exciting new Chord Naim specific delight might be if it’s not a stick-on front. Something to throw the Forum into raptures no doubt.

Now there’s a surprise.

Without wanting to take this miles off topic, but has anybody any experience of Bermester car hifi ? I have a car on order and this is an (expensive) option but I cant find a dealer that has it fitted for me to listen to and demo.

Is it not the Chord 2go server/ streamer to be paired with Hugo?

1 Like

biddler66 - yes I have. Is it in a mercedes or a porsche you are thinking of having it?

@oscpercy yes, it is a Porsche. Do you like it ? Think it is worthwhile ?

Utopia? Will not bother then. Such a waste of a Statement.

2 Likes

Imagine if they rigged the Statement up with a pair of these for old time’s sake:

16 Likes

Naim only shows his components at shows with Focal speakers. He can’t do otherwise.
Focal/ Naim is a same entity.

1 Like

According to the show guide, it’s The Chord Company (cables) not Chord electronics.

That makes much more sense. A high dodgy Snaic probably then.

biddler - tbh, no I did not think it was worthwhile, at least in the context of a 911 . It was a good sound certainly, and is definitely a worthwhile improvement over the standard fit or the Bose, but in that car (and its 911 predecessors!), I have always tended to listen to the sports exhaust more than the music! So for me, the Bose was the sweetspot and for me worth the extra over the standard kit, but was enough.

I did however go for the Burmester in my wife’s car - in that, it came as part of a package of other bits and was overall worthwhile, not least because it worked out cheaper than in the Porsche. Not quite as good as the Porsche system, but still excellent and in that car, I felt we would get VFM from it.