Naim atom and sub woofer

Hi guys a totally immature question just wanted to know what should i do to connect a sub woofer to my setup which is Naim atom and KEF R3 i want to connect a sub woofer whats the recommended upgrade option i dont want to change the atom just want to add another Amp to power the sub . Please advise

Thanks

Sujith

1 Like

If you get an active sub (and most subs are). Then you just connect with a lead from the pre-amp output (on the Atom) to the main input on the sub. Depending on the sub’s inputs, you might need to get a lead made up, but your dealer can advise on that

1 Like

I have an older Mirage active Subwoofer connected to the pre outs on my Uniti Nova… works like a dream. I believe it’s a BPS 100 about 20 years old.

Welcome Sujith. I can confirm that works for a Uniti Star. Subwoofer must have it’s own amplification (i.e. active). Mine is a Cambridge Audio one with a straightforward RCA-to-RCA cable. For me the hardest part turned out to be realizing that the RCA cable was optimized to be connected in one direction only. That was my amateur experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Be prepared. Subs are attention-seeking little so and so’s. I’m frequently adjusting the gain from recording to recording.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.