Naim audio history book

Hi forum.

I have over the years come across published books, from British HiFi companies, from the likes of Quad , KEF ,& Tannoy.

Do people feel naim audio could, or should do the same??. Just a thought.

Regards,

Pieman.

4 Likes

I believe someone here has a ā€˜work in progressā€™ he may be prepared to admit toā€¦?

2 Likes

Good to hear that, I think the book would make an interesting read.

Essential reading as far as Iā€™m concerned, so long as fact is sorted from fiction. I have heard many stories over the years but sometimes there is contradiction. If ā€˜someone hereā€™ can write such a history, including a comprehensive and definitive product history, I would be most interested to read it.

Now a signed copy from the author Richard Dane tumbling down the chimney on Xmas morn, would be wonderfulšŸ‘

2 Likes

It would be a fascinating read/look for sure. Super high quality with a statement (for a book) level finish would be great. Like the Apple book for example.

A 50th Anniversary Book is a lovely idea and of course consolidating Naimā€™s history in a document before the historical/archival information is forever lost is important. For any company that prides its heritage, such a book is a ā€˜mustā€™. Having been a part of my ex-companyā€™s 125th Book Committee I can say that it was an immensely rewarding experience that celebrated not only the companyā€™s achievements but as importantly (if not more so) the contributions of those employees that truly loved the company that they worked for. An e-book on Naimā€™s website would find a large appreciative audience Iā€™m sure.

1 Like

A high quality audiobook version would be my preference
Otherwise an environmentally friendly kindle edition

For me a Nait xs sized coffee table edition please!

1 Like

I have the coffee table book on Quad, written I think by Ken Kessler and sold commercially. It cost Ā£50 a copy and this must have been 15 years ago. A printed copy of the quality you would expect from Naim would cost twice that or more today, even without factoring in the customary Naim product price multiplier! But Iā€™m sure there would be an attentive audience in the UK at least.

Best

David

1 Like

It would be timely as weā€™re coming up to the 20th anniversary of JVā€™s death. However a pure coffee table type book with lots glossy photos and not much else wouldnā€™t be of interest. As Graeme has said it needs to be a proper history. I would like some technical content too plus input from people like Paul Stephenson etc who were there.

1 Like

Count me in!

1 Like

I agree. The Quad book is full of all sorts of history and information, but some of the old photos and adverts are interesting, especially as I met Peter Walker several times at HiFi shows and talked to him about his designs, especially as I owned many of the products over the years (as my loft can still testify).

Iā€™m sure something like that re Julian and Naim would be very interesting.

Best
David

1 Like

I agree, the Quad book is very good with both lots of photos and interesting history and articles. A ā€œcoffee tableā€ book but one I pick and read quite often.

Great idea, I would have one.

The Rega book is good and I think a good compromise between high end coffee table book and very readable and informative history. Something along these lines would get my vote. Either in ebook format or paper.

Slightly off topic but I do get frustrated that you canā€™t buy any Naim posters or branded goodies. Naim could really work on this area.

Indeed! Iā€™d love to have a Naim mug one day ā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.