Naim & AV

I’ve been running a 5.1 system for over 20 years, when I bought my SN2 in 2015 I used the pre-outs from my Denon AV Amp into the AV Input of the SN2 and it was perfect. Added a HiCap DR to SN2 in 2017 with no issues and when I upgraded to a SN3 last year it also worked perfectly with no issues.
I’ve just set up my new Lumin P1 Streamer and now run the AV Amp pre-outs to the RCA Analogue input of the P1 and the P1 is now connected to the SN3 via AV input as using the preamplifier of the P1, again no issues what so ever, it all sounds very impressive.

1 Like

Similar setup here. How do you manage finding the correct volume on 52 again. I set up the AVR with +10db at front and -10db at center and rear so that I can manage the 52 to be fixed between 8 and 9 o clock (markings at volume knob).
When going AV I am changing to this volume again. Do not want to do 12 o clock - if I forgot someday to rearrange volume… BAAAM…

See my post above - how do you mange it?

I’m not sure I understand the question. In my setup I control the volume with the 52 at all times. My source is fixed output into it.

So, basically you double manage the volume…
I did that when I had the Qute2 as a streamer connected to the 282.

With a AVR 5.1 or 7.1 you have to configure the speakers and control the volume of the on the AVR

When you do not have a unity gain, you need to setup the volume at AVR or controller and NAC52 to match with the 5.1 setup.

Correct - and this is done once at avr, and afterwards you need to setup volume at pre amp to a fixed point

In my case I just disable the volume control on my DSM. It becomes the same as every source. There’s no weird volume setup involved.

The Qute2 preout rca’s are post volume/balance control

I just leave the volume control on the NAC82 at just over 9 o’clock (bang on the nearest marker) and don’t touch it. I mainly listen to Spotify these days, so I can control the volume from my phone.

Not being a fan of Surround Sound but also not keen on sound from a flat screen TV I had my dealer connect it all up to my 552. The TV side consists of a Panasonic PVR, a Talk-Talk PVR (surprisingly good all round quality for £12) and an OPPO 105. Its a mass of cables on a Sound Organisation table: ex LP12 support.
When all this was hooked up the guys took pictures throughout to make sure it all worked correctly. Not a job for me to wire it all up! Sound quality varies as you might imagine but classical music concerts can be really good.
One side effect when the TV is on (no sound) and a record is playing on the LP12 there is a noticable hum. I understand this is due to earthing between the TV and other sources. Solution is just to turn off TV when using the TT.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.