Naim CD Player options and Upgrades

I thought, here is an interesting question for ye technically minded people on here. Hope it makes sense :slight_smile:

So my naim dealer in America wants to sell me a nicely priced Naim XPS DR here to I can try out my XS/272/XPS DR to see what an upgrade of a PS never that I never heard on a system. Obviously the XPS is 115v which I would upgrade to 220v at a later stage. I told him, I’m not plugging my new 272, 220v (bought in Ireland) that’s under my bed here. It’s there’s awaiting my move home when this craziness ends to hook it up to my newly acquired 250DR awaiting me in dublin. He assures me that 115v XPS would power the 272 with it being unplugged and not damage it.

I decided to check with Naim techs. They say technically you could but they advised me over time, it could damage the 272 and told me to wait.

Told my dealer. He thinks they are wrong and has a call into them so waiting on a reply. I will say the dealer, in my opinion is not a salesman just trying to push a deal on me.

Curious what the community thinks here while I wait?

Thanks

You might have to wait on someone more technically skilled than I am to answer that. However with my limited knowledge I’d be inclined to be cautious and wait.

Hopefully someone here will respond, @Richard.Dane should be able to help. Good luck.

I Would go on whatever Naim advise.

Thank you.

Just read my posting today. Sorry about the horrible English but glad my question was at least understood :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.