Naim CD5 si vs. 9 year old nDAC

No, the drive is just for ripping, not playing. But a rip should only take a few minutes at most.

1 Like

When your cd will be ripped, so 5 mn later, you will be able to play it from Uniticore / Ndac, connected by Spdif, the Core connected by Ethernet cable to a switch or router.
The big avantage is to have all your cds ripped and classified, appearing on the Naim app.
No need to search in your room , choose the right cd and put it on a cd transport. With one click you will find it within the app. You will be able to play hires downloads too, for a better sound ( but not always) vs a cd.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your guidance. The CORE a must for my future plans. I want to plan for 2022 and I do need all the advice I can gather. My ethernet is 80 feet from my system. Is there an ethernet repeater junction box that I can lock into and then reach the CORE? Any and all ideas are welcome.

Good news! Today I purchased a pre-loved XPS non DR. for my nDAC. Semi late serial number So I should get a few good years. Power cable and Burndy included.

3 Likes

You could use a Wireless access point. I’ve used an Airport Express for this and it works well.

1 Like

Ohhhh… how tiring that is…

:laughing:

Time consuming, and you tend to listen often to the same albums….and asking yourself what to choose during a long time.

Thank you Mr. Dane. I will take your advice and
move in that direction.

Wugged_Way - In addition to my large collection of shiny discs I have a 3 Terabyte outboard hard drive I access by remote VIA USB through the Oppo. I access an almost unlimited catalog of music from my listening position. Thanks to Gracenote the artist, album, track is all displayed on my 42" TV monitor without leaving my seat.

I have to walk 3 yards to access mine.

Each to their own, of course.

That is definately not my experience at all.

But we are all different I suppose.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.