Naim CDS3 player

Hi folks, does anyone know if i can get a new Mech for my CDS3. IT occasionally skips now and then. I have had my power supply upgraded a few years ago and don’t want to get rid of the player as i think it sounds great. Many thanks Steve

Best to check with your dealer, unless @NeilS knows the current status. Is it on the original VAM1250 or with the transport update to VAM1202?

If it’s on the VAM1250 it could be worth trying a replacement Clamp (Clamp type 4).

3 Likes

Great advise from Richard to check clamp. If it is reason for skipping, and that often the case, I would say replace rubber rings first before buying whole new clamp.

The current status is that we can no longer offer the 1250-1202 update - the influx of players after the 1202 “drought” has cleaned out our stock of the required PCBs & we can no longer source these (this goes for the CDX2 also).
I believe we also have an issue with our supply of the 1202 mechs - so I’d hold off sending players to us for the moment. :frowning_face:
You can contact Naim tech support department for updates on the latter.

Regards
Neil.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.