Naim Chrome Bumper

great cable! and the length is of course more than 3.5 m?

Oh yes, I think my shortest run is 5m and longest is 12m. I would never go shorter than 3.5m with Naim amps, and preferably would use 5m or more per channel.

2 Likes

5 m or more? and that something changes from this? maybe the sound gets better?

Yes, having tested different lengths, I reckon it sounds better over 5m.

2 Likes

I have the opportunity to buy linn k20 2x4.5m long. or Cable Talk 3.1 2x5.5m long. which one would you choose?

Cable Talk is getting on a bit in years now so iā€™d want to strip it back a little and properly re-terminate it. It would depend on age, condition and how well terminated. If no Naim SA8 plugs are yet fitted then factor that in.

1 Like

Richard, Iā€™m a little confused by their size. the fact is that I have a living room of 30 square meters.

Andy ā€“ you can get replacement ā€˜tractorā€™-style knobs from WitchHat, for Ā£40 if you want to match the SNAPS to the rest of the kit. They come with a 1.5mm Allen key for fitting. Youā€™d probably want to spray-paint it to match the rest of the kit, though, as theyā€™re quite bit darker than the originals, like Iā€™ve done here:

ETA: Donā€™t have a fit: theyā€™re on a proper rack now!

10 Likes

I just got a new nac32.5 to match the face color of my hicap. Itā€™s ending the search for a decent one.

Both are pairing with a nap250 chrome bumper to drive n-sats. They sound great in my tiny room.

28 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m running also Bandit with the Naim Core and nDAC

Sounds really good I must say

1 Like

Thank you Bevo - This system sounds so good to me too.

I managed to buy 2 naca5 cables 8 meters long each!))

4 Likes

Thanks, Tim, but I love how it looks. this is its difference and its history. until I change something. but thanks for the tip.

By the way, I went to the seller to listen to n-sats. and you know what I mean - I didnā€™t hear almost any bass there. yes, they played well. they are great for voice or strings. but I listen to other directions in music - electro, techno, psytrance. they just donā€™t fit me. the price was 400 pounds.

1 Like

Hi all! does anyone know why on the chrome bumper some leds are red and some are green?)) thanks in advance :nerd_face:

On the big amps the power buttons were always green.

On the shoe box kit the LEDs started out red and then changed to green around '85/86. Of course, many have been changed from red to green and vice versa since in order to match up with other kit.

1 Like

Astonishing!

My NAT 01 had a green VF tuning display and a red LED on the NAPST: drove me crazy until Darran changed itā€¦

Sorry, I should have taken a photo earlier in the linishing process (yes, that is a word, thank you, John Jackson!), this here is my Olive HeadLineā€¦ The process was actually easier than I thought it would be: you just need patience, a steady hand and 80 grade abrasive paper. The finish is actually an awful lot better than I expected it to beā€¦ Stay tuned for more progress picsā€¦

8 Likes

Got CB 62/HC/140 up and running for the first time. Similar to the 72/Olive HC/Olive 250, the pace is spot on now. Yet if I mix the 62 or 72 with older CB gear then the pace is often too fast / too caffeinated. Maybe thatā€™s where some of the criticism of Naim stems from.

1 Like

Hello Richard

All about timing I guess - I have just emailed Harry if he knew of any CD2 players around gathering dust !!

Blow me down this week he has had a trade in of one in very good condition

He said ā€œask Richard where we could pick up a replacement laser if needed in timeā€ ?

You mention above to avoid CDM9 Pro mechanism, how would I know if this one has that?

Thanks for advice Richard - Harry and Norman say hello

Bevo