Naim Core cannot delete files / music

Hello and a Happy New Year,

Does anyone know how to delete music / files from Core that has been added via thumb drive ?
As I have strangely had a double copy of an Eagles album appear on my core database , even though there is only one set of files on the thumb drive . The option to delete any music added
By thumb drive is not available in the core menu option, as it is on the menu option of a cd that has been ripped directly to the cores database ?

Thanks

It depends what you did. If you imported the files then they will be in the download folder of the Core. You can delete from that using a PC or Mac on your network and navigate to the downloads folder.

If you are sharing the folder on a USB drive then you can unplug it, put it into a PC or Nac and delete from there. You can only use the app to delete rips made by the Core or imported to the Core from a Unitiserve or HDX.
Best

David

1 Like

Thanks David ,

Managed to fix it. used my IPad Pro , went into File Browser app , set up remote locations in FB App , in my case modem / router and the Naim Core , then went into core downloads folder and deleted the required Music files

Good! Also interesting as I haven’t heard about anyone doing it successfully with an iPad before. Is your iPad Pro running IOS 12 still or are you on IOS 13?

Best

David

iPad os 13.3 , you can now attach and use thumb drives etc with the iPad so I can download music files onto a SanDisk thumb drive , then plug it into the front USB port on the Core and copy them over . See :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-Type-C-Flash-Drive/dp/B06XC1WGQR/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=17S6280YCLBBT&keywords=sandisk%2Bdual%2Busb%2Bdrive%2Btype-c&qid=1577953295&sprefix=Sandisk%2Bdu%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyRUtZQ1FGNzVCN0FQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTk4NDA5MUFMTjhQRjY3OFZVSCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDc5MTI2MVVLVlpWVjQyOTY0MSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Thanks. My iPad is still on IOS12 and I found that I could connect to the Core downloads folder OK, which didn’t work when I last tried it, (which wasn’t recently!).

It would be good if one could download hi res music on/to the iPad and then move it to the Core. A thumb drive is already half way there anyway!

Best

David

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.