Naim design sketches

Gorgeous illustrations :slight_smile:

1 Like

The cry for Naim to build a shoebox integrated amp has been going on for years. NOT on their roadmap unfortunately.

1 Like

May be they will change their mind after going on eBay and taking a looking at vintage nait 1/2 prices.

Should be though, letā€™s face it if your in business part off that is listening to what the punters want or ask for or wish for its called listening to your customer base

1 Like

Does a handful of forum enthusiasts, some of which rarely if ever buy new Naim products (me included), really amount to a solid business proposition? I suspect they are more likely to listen to their dealer base.

3 Likes

What price would people be willing to pay for a new Nait shoebox? Say 30W due to the size.

Rega Brio is is Ā£600 and 50W (but Naim watts are something else).

Ā£2k seems reasonable to me in this day and age, assuming an mm phono is included.

2 Likes

A very good question, to be honest yes and no
Letā€™s face it we are going through a retro period how long for no one knows but a few manufacturers have recently brought out retro lines so surely that says something to other manufacturers like naim
On the other hand if they are that confident so be it but you\ they could loose out on sales

1 Like

Great illustrations but canā€™t see Naim going for anything retro as it might suggest that they have nothing new bring to the table and are looking backwards instead.

IMHO obviously.

2 Likes

What would the lead in time be if they started on it tomorrow? Would the demand still be there? How long would people wait if there is the market? (not established)

Iā€™m not sure that the Cyrus One range has been particularly successful.

I wouldnā€™t expect Naim to make it, although Iā€™d like it to be available. To be fair the last shoebox system didnā€™t seem to sell in large volumes - the 100/v1/unitiserve combo and that is a sweet looking thing.

1 Like

Yep Cyrus do very well they are shoebox size in fact would they do as well if they changed to the normal 16" size I donā€™t think they would

Thanks for creative feedback folks - very much appreciated. If I get time next weekend. I may have another play with the layouts again, taking onboard comments and amending accordingly.

@bruss Yes, I can see there could be potential for manufacturing issues with the some of the design layouts, but as mentioned, these were just first idea sketches.

I just thought it would be fun to experiment to see what could be done visually with the Classic half width case, and reference the much loved CB Nait2, bringing it up to date to see what a potential ltd edition ā€˜Classic Nait2.2ā€™ could look like. The other designs just followed on as I was enjoying myself. I do think Naim is missing out on sales of the shoebox format though.

Personally, the one I keep coming back to as a favourite is the second Hypernait design. Iā€™m sure Vitus, Hegel & Co would be breaking out in a cold sweat if this was on the table as viable unit. Circa 10K GBP and enough welly to control most loudspeakers with headroom in reserve, perhaps even an upgradable design for internal DAC / Streaming / Phono modules such as the NAD M33. Quite an interesting recipe.

2 Likes

Some images of what could be going on behind would be interesting.

Yetizone
When I first saw your name I thought you were yeti Edwards from hog farther in Southport
Off subject I know sorry

1 Like

Not me Sir!

Yep I know now, your not far from me though to be honest

The V1/100 was a nice form factor but did not sound inspiring and was overpriced. I remember listening to an unserviced 140 demolish a 100.

Very nice :smiley: :clap:

Iā€™d add the new NAP 600 DR.
One box design, including Naimā€™s new switch mode power supply.
No more humming and lot more current available :yum:

6 Likes

I love them all bar the 272, while it looks good itā€™s too similar to the uniti range.

1 Like