Naim during the Coronavirus

Take care all.

2 Likes

Thank you Charlie for letting us know what is happening with our favourite brand and its wonderful people. Their and our health and safety indeed is first and foremost to protect.

“Limited production staff have worked safely at the Naim factory to finish orders in progress”, " All available Naim stock is with our logistics partner, which is shipping orders to retailers".

Should we understand that all orders made - say before 15 February, including delayed 500 series, are now fulfilled, completed and being dispatched to distributors and retailers?

Chag -

Hi Chag, we’ve tried to get as many orders completed as we could. Please can you check with your retailer first, hopefully you’ll be ok, but please bear with us if not. Thanks, Charlie

Thanks again Charlie. It seems that retailers may not have all information yet.

2 Likes

If it’s not Putin it’s something else! … all the best to you and the team in Salisbury.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Naim warranty transfer

Good luck in these very difficult times.

1 Like

Thank you Charlie, hope all staff are safe; I’m listening to my naim while working from home ; best way to work

1 Like

I understood that there may have been plans for Salisbury to re-open today. This is now delayed by a few more days after new announcements of the Authorities.
Should we be happy to understand that risks have been mitigated already to an acceptable level and that production is about to resume?

You are joking ?

I very much doubt that to be the case Chag. There is certainly no relaxation on UK COVID restrictions. If anything, the narrative has turned to tightening what we have in place already subject to people’s behaviour in complying with what is in place.

Good morning,
We had considered reopening the site today as we have implemented extensive safe distance and working precautions, and along with split shifts to dramatically reduce the number of people on site at any one time, it was an option, however with the current climate still in limbo, we have chosen to postpone this until after the Easter period, and the current anticipated peak. The health and wellbeing of our staff remain and always will be our priority. Therefore all staff who can work remotely continue to do so, and our production teams are not on site for now. Thank you for your understanding.
Charlie

22 Likes

Charlie, thanks for the update. I’m sure we all hope that everybody at Naim and in the wider Naim family are staying safe and well.

13 Likes

Earned…Nice Reply…

:slight_smile: :+1:

We customers, who love the brand, want the employees to be safe. Their health and safety comes first. We can wait a few more weeks for our luxury goods.

6 Likes

Absolutely as long as it is well communicated to us. What have you been waiting for, Bart?

I used the Royal “we.” My itches have been scratched for the time being!

We on here, by definition, love all things Naim, the brand, the kit and most of all, the music and artists Naim bring to our everyday lives. For all of this, we want the factory and all its staff to remain safe, and most of all not to return to work until it is absolutely safe to do so.

Although we love our music, the safety of those that bring it to us is paramount. With regard to music in the home, that is a first world problem, one we can wait to enhance, should we chose, when it is safe to do so. The lives of those at Naim who bring this privilege to us and the wellbeing of the NHS is however of primary importance.

It is clear from all the messages from Charlie that he is absolutely committed to this path, and thanks for the clear and unambiguous communication in that regard.

My Son, a Junior Doctor, is working on the Covid ward in a Manchester hospital. He is young with no underlying health conditions and we are confident he will endure. We are however concerned but immensely proud of what he, and the entire NHS, are doing in this ‘hour (weeks) of need’.

Keep safe, stay at home and my best wishes to all forumites.

21 Likes

Same to you @NigelB, you should be proud of him. Stay safe and take care. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Pete, we are, will do, you too! :+1:

1 Like