Naim during the Coronavirus

Dear Charlie, please make some statement about a replacement (or not) for the 272. We cant hang on much longer.

2 Likes

Thanks for above info, I hope it all works out well.

Can you advise any plans for repairs to be resumed,
Eg direct shipping to Naim etc

Thanks

CK

CK, I’ve just heard from Naim about servicing and repairs. The Service team are back in the Salisbury factory, under a new working system to ensure social distancing plus wider safety measures. They are prioritising the backlog of customer returns for the next two weeks; it’s expected they will be able to receive new service items from w/c 4th May, but that will need to be confirmed to dealers (and here) nearer the time, as they first need to better understand how the new working regime impacts on service turnaround times.

1 Like

Richard, thanks for quick update, I suspect that lockdown requirements may have to be eased a bit before ‘normal’ procedures can resume.

After playing all high quality high is not ‘essential’ :roll_eyes:

Cue for debate … maybe a new thread :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

CK

Congratulations on the ability to start to return to business! Keep everyone safe, first order.

Maybe not but most Naim employees probably feel that the company surviving so they still have jobs is essential.

Thanks Richard. Would you have a similar update from the production line as for addressing first the backlog of orders 2 or 3 months old?
Please refute CK’s assertion. High quality remains essential! It is at least as far as my 500 series order is concerned! Thanks -

Chag I don’t have that info. Probably best through your dealer or distributor.

Issue Richard, is that retailers still don’t seem to know. You appear to have contacts in Salisbury that could help to bring some more reinsurance.

Sorry Chag, I’m not based at the factory so I really don’t know. I would imagine that with some of Naim’s staff back at the factory as of today, the picture should become clearer this week and your dealer should be able to contact Naim to get a better idea of the status of their back-orders.

Dear Team Naim

I reckon there is a market out there for better looking and beefier amplifiers…

With VU meters and inbuilt Phono just like the vintage amps of yore.

I guess you know where I am pointing to.

Give it a thought.

Maybe someday we will see Naim in those clothes ??

Best regards

The pubs have reopened?

5 Likes

Naim vintage Kit didn’t have VU meters so I rather doubt (given the design philosophy) they’ll go that way. Leave it to Luxman :grinning:

3 Likes

@anon93526344 was probably talking about McIntosh. If someone gives it to me, I sold it immediately.
Or perhaps not if it’s a vintage one.

2 Likes

It’s just a thought for Naim.

Of course one may wish the pubs were open :grinning: so do I.

Didn’t know there would be such a furious reaction…

Sacrilege ?? :thinking:

Who would have thought SN 3 with Phono stage ??

2 Likes

Let me stretch this further…

Let’s imagine an amplifier with 2 Phono stages with tone controls etc…with enhanced dimensions…maybe 1.5 times taller…with 150W of clean Naim sound and nice meters…May be about 25kg weight.

Thing is with the CV-19 it might make sense to re-imagine the Naim range and offer a hell of an integrated amp which could be positioned much higher up in the range.

Just a thought…

No power supply upgrades

Brickbats welcome…

Tone controls?

You must be very bored.

1 Like

I had some old Marantz kit years ago with enormous meters on it.

2 Likes

I can imagine that as a happy robot head. :smiley:

mpw, it’s an imaginative idea but one I can’t really see gaining much traction with Naim, unless having big illuminated power meters adds some kind of performance enhancement that nobody has hitherto been aware of. Same with tone controls, unless some have suddenly been invented that don’t adversely impact on overall performance. Naim is all about performance first and foremost, which means that the stuff that adds nothing or indeed impairs that performance just doesn’t get a look in.

Now, had you started talking about bringing back a new ARO tonearm, well, I’d be with you all the way on that one!

2 Likes