Naim Extended Warranty Change

There was a post on the Naim Facebook page today regarding Naim changing the terms of the extended warranty. The post suggests instead of the additional 3 years only covering parts, with standard repair/labour cost, that this will now include parts and labour.
Does anybody have any information in respect of this, I haven’t seen it mentioned here on the forum ?

Here’s Naim’s website with details of the extended warranty offered within the UK;

Thanks Richard I read this, is it a change, I can’t recollect the previous wording. If there is a substantive change I thought it would warrant an announcement ?

I can’t recall the exact terms previously, however I do know that there was a degree of confusion with regard to the UK warranty - prompted by a thread on this forum, I had requested some clarification from Naim. The UK warranty terms were recently revisited in order to make things much clearer for customers.

Excuse me if I’m a tad confused, does this mean items returned under warranty in years 3,4 and 5 will no longer be subject to a standard repair cost ? For example I recently returned a Unitiserve for repair in year 3 of its life and was charged £340 standard repair cost, would this now be repaired free of charge ?

When I had my SU fixed recently under the 5 year warranty I had pay for parts. So this looks like a change that will give improved warranty in the future. Well done Naim.

AFAIK, it’s a change to terms going forwards.

I wasn’t expecting it to be applied retrospectively, it’s just I thought it was a good news story for Naim and would have been notified as a significant service improvement.

I am still confused, as the sales of goods act in england and wales gives customers rights for 6 years…from the retailer for repair of defective goods. I would presume this would cover some of the examples of failed screens discussed recently? Happy to be corrected on this?

Gazza, as I understand it, that for something to be established as defective it must be done within a certain period of time - i.e. within 6 months - and the onus is on you to prove the item was faulty from time of delivery.

According to the Which? guide to consumer rights, you then "have up to six years to take a claim to the small claims court for faulty goods in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and five years in Scotland.

This doesn’t mean that a product has to last six years - just that you have this length of time in which to make a claim if a retailer refuses to repair or replace a fault product."

Didn’t know about extended warranty, I wasn’t offered it when I bought my Uniti Star last year. Maybe it’s not eligible.

Did you register the Star Chris? As I remember it, if you register in the first 6 months you get the extended warranty by default.

If you are in the UK it is eligible, there is a requirement to register it within 6 months though.

Ahh I did register, so I should have it then. I missed that. Thanks both.

O K thanks Richard, now understand that particular part of the legislation. Hope my kit is reliable? Had too many faults with the ND555🙈

I’ve just filled mine in for my pre and amp on line. I there supposed to be an acknowledgment at all because I dont think I’ve ever had one

I’ve never spotted an acknowledgement mail.

You don’t get an acknowledgement any more, used to be one giving details of equipment and when warranty was effective from, this has changed. I contacted Naim suggesting they reinstate this as it’s a good record for the customer.

1 Like

I agree, I didnt expect one for my unitiqute but when you’re spending big sums I think.its reasonable for at least an email to confirm its covered

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.