Naim firmware update for legacy streamers

Any tips for a slightly nervous user whose SuperUniti screen is completely blank when it comes to updating firmware.

I interact with it via phone or iPad and have no desire to send it back to dealer or uk (from Australia) for replacement screen (too expensive).

1 Like

The update process is controlled from the computer you connect to it, and once started it’s essentially just a case of waiting for it to run, so you should be fine.

Thanks very much ChrisSU that is very reassuring.

iRadio works and so does accessing music on my NAS. So far only Tidal not playing. Will explore further…

OK, so there might be two things going on here by chance…

I solved the problem of getting nothing from TIDAL by re-authenticating within the NAIM app. I now can listen to TIDAL tracks. Why this did not happen immediately post-upgrade I’m not sure but I suspect credential caching may be involved which means others may experience the same issue over time.

However, what complicated the issue is that I wanted to play the new Coldplay Music of the Spheres album of which the NAIM app shows me two (indistinguishable) choices. If I select the top/first version, nothing plays and the NAIM app gets confused and won’t then play any other TIDAL track until it is restarted. If I select the second version, it plays without drama. A mystery that perhaps could benefit from investigation from the software team at NAIM?

They have already and in case someone else does: The advice to log out of Tidal in the Naim app (and for good measure in the Tidal app too, who knows) and back in (and reboot the router if it doesn’t help) was given many times and helped. However only once in this thread further up, it came up more in the other update threads. Also:

Just one thing to add. My experience is that the PC always says it’s done about one minute before the streamer has finished and restarted. So don’t rush it and let it catch it’s breath for a minute or so after the PC is finished.

1 Like

Yes thats a timely warning David.
You get the ‘Finished’ popup & the streamer screen shows its still processing
During the old beta testing times I always intended to ask if that could be corrected.

Hi @Will, can this be looked at ??

So btw, as I was quoted 3 posts above. The solution for my problems on Tidal with Mu-so Qb 2 and Superuniti: first step is to canx the Naim app and start it again. Second step is to wait a minute and try to use Tidal again. Tidal comes back in 99% of the cases.
So I don’t have to login again or reset the router.

1 Like

Legacy firmware update 4.8: Unitiqute2 Tidal login issue
Hello again, does anyone receive this image on their device when trying to Log into Tidal through the Naim app?

Any info gratefully appreciated,
Michael

Paging @tomvamos

Quick question in meantime: are you running the latest version of the Naim App? (Android 2.22.2 or Apple iOS 5.22.2)

Hello,
According to my Android 6 phone I am running Naim app version 2.22.2
Michael

Hi @Micart13, as your screenshot suggests, you are no longer in the Naim app but on a webpage (it would appear) that thinks its been launched by the Postman app (an API interaction tool). If you can recreate this, please could outline the precise steps you followed to cause this?

Ok,

1. turn on Qute
    Select Tidal through ipod on Naim remote control, screen reads " Tidal use Naim app"
    On phone, press Naim icon, Naim app appears
    press Tidal icon on Naim app, Tidal login appears
    using my Tidal login email address
    press " yes continue"
    something happens then the above image appears, no further action can taken following this

I have just read this thread with some astonishment, and that astonishment has turned to anger. I have two problems: one being I only have a Linux computer; the other being that I have anxiety (which is really disabling) and find these things incredibly difficult to deal with. The streamer version is 4.6, so I suppose that won’t be good enough to continue to use Tidal on my Uniti 1. I am extremely annoyed that these sorts of changes are imposed, even if this outside of Naim’s control (which I acknowledge).

I had a feeling when I took to streaming in the first place, that an event like this would happen. I now face the prospect of losing a service, which I’ve paid for, and losing all the albums and tracks I’ve saved over the last few years.

So sorry that this is stressful for you.

Do you have a local Naim dealer whom could perform the update for you? Where are you based: let’s see if we can help.

3 Likes

Is it possible to PM you?

@Richard.Dane can sort something, yes.

1 Like

I can’t see a PM facility for him on this forum, so if I do an f.a.o. email to support, would that get through to him?

Thanks for your offer to help. It is much appreciated.

Richard will send you my email address - just drop me a mail and let’s see what we can do.