Naim & Focal 10th Anniversary Edition

I’m willing to be wrong but I think only a few are like that. I think most are like the Apple store.

I think Sugden ( and Linn to a certain extent ) offer products in the colour of your choice

Surely they could have come up with something better than grey ?

1 Like

It wouldn’t match the colour of my Solstice :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

Only joking Richard

1 Like

I also want to see new products come

Gosh, I did not expect to see such a bunch of grumpy old men on the forum. Only Naim/ Focal has a insight in the target audience for this anniversary system.

I wonder, if the long-awaited 272-2 will be introduced and it has a Uniti like appearance instead of the classic black box that everybody is expecting … the forum is also not happy with that?

6 Likes

In the announcement at least they said this:

1 Like

I’m fully expecting the new streamer pre-amp to be in the Uniti/Solstice styling and are looking forward to the forum fireworks that will inevitably erupt :sunglasses::popcorn:

4 Likes

Exactly, count me in! :wink:

1 Like

Hence my questioning of the timing of the tin launch.

1 Like

I am not so much grumpy but bemused by it.

I just can’t see anybody buying a system like that - as a stand alone purchase .

Suspect Focal have been the drivers behind it ( no speaker :speaker: puns please )

1 Like

So the answer is “yes”? I think that’s a bit much to ask from a commercial entity

And I don’t see it as a “launch”, it’s a limited anniversary special

Well, timing-wise one can’t change much about the anniversary date, isn’t it?

And if almost everybody thinks these tin boxes are so ugly, they won’t sell in big loads and therefore hardly impact the currect black boxes?

1 Like

On the Focal side of things, I don’t really know what to make of the concrete side panels on the speakers. I guess they will be heavy enough and hopefully won’t crack….

1 Like

It’s a concrete effect finish, not actual concrete.

It says “concrete finish”, doesn’t have to be actual concrete

PR spin, but it does say concrete…

“ the Sopra N°2 loudspeaker was chosen to don a unique finish, with concrete on the side panels and “tin” colour on the front…”

It does say concrete, but it also does say finish

1 Like

French grammar……

Well the press release and web site also call the 250 a pre-amp, so maybe quality control really is slipping……

Errors on the website prove that it’s genuinely Naim! :wink:

5 Likes