Naim & Focal 10th Anniversary Edition

:joy:
Seems to have been a half baked idea. :+1:t2:

Its gone quiet.

No activity for 2 hours Richard must be dying to close this thread down ?

1 Like

Come on, there must be someone around mentioning that Naim is doomed by introducing these tin models? :joy::crazy_face:

2 Likes

…and this could be why a lot of forum users are not the intended market for this product :wink:

4 Likes

Me? I’m listening to some very talented musicians playing live local to me. We just had a set from Sam Brothers - young but very talented. Next up, the Magpies. Oh yes, and keeping an eye on the forum… :wink:

7 Likes

You,
I think are on the wrong thread. :joy: :+1:t2:

Maybe Richard has been necking a few tins (pun intended).!

3 Likes

Mrs Mike says the silver a very elegant design that would work in a modern minimalist design style home or apartment, but not in an older traditional style environment. Which I guess is the target audience anyway.

I’m going to wait for the 20th Anniversary Champagne Edition.

1 Like

No fear. I’m driving.

3 Likes

As a Naim owner with Chrome Bumper, Olive and Black boxes, maybe a grey Tin box to complete the variation!??

Many companies offer different finishes such as chrome, silver, black and gold. So don’t see a problem with it.

If you get this system and want to upgrade to Supercap DR, 252 or add 555PS to NDX2 what do you do?

I think they should offer all products in a range of finishes now as Naim are going down a different route.

Personally, I don’t know what to think about the Tin finish. Reminds me of Quad boxes. Looks okay, but black seems right!

And I don’t think they would be in keeping with my system. Chrome or silver variant might look cool.

Let’s open our minds. Like I say many manufacturers of high end audiophile systems offer different casework. Important thing is what is underneath.

1 Like

I think with only 50 sets I don’t think anyone here has to worry
They will be sold …… pre orders are being taken
for a delivery at a later date.

4 Likes

No chaffeur for the Bentley tonight?

Oh 50 sets, so a very limited edition as an anniversary special. I’ve really warmed to it, it looks nice. (I think my original belief it was an April Fool was largely based on my reading of the Sopras as having real concrete sides.)
I’m looking forward to next year, the 50th anniversary of Naim’s founding. Gold-plated Statement edition surely.

1 Like

Not very warm sounding then :rofl:

2 Likes

They rock

3 Likes

Brings a whole new meaning to getting stoned

Perhaps Focal are hoping it will cement their reputation as one of the great speaker manufacturers.

3 Likes

It can’t get more concrete than that.

Mixed feelings.