Naim Forum thinks I live in Scotland. Advice Please

Can anyone shed some light please.
If I go into my preferences, it is saying, since May 25th, that my " recently used devices" are in a town in Scotland.
They are not.
I have reset my password, no difference.
Is there something sinister going on that I should be worried about?

Any thoughts would be welcome please.

Update. I have just looked at the same thing on another Forum that I frequent. On there I come up as Woking, Surrey. Miles away again.
However the login times does suggest it is me and not someone else

I had a similar problem a year ago. Location suggested I was in Oxford or just outside London.

Canā€™t recall the reason, but nothing sinister.

See what others have to say.

Cheers
Don

1 Like

That information is not visible to other forum users, so at least not giving out that information - false or not. Presumably the info is available to Discourse administrators, though whether that includes Naim I donā€™t know. But from a personal security point of view, the information being incorrect is probably a good thing!

Itā€™s not very accurate, so I wouldnā€™t be too concerned by it, and similarly it thinks my devices are being used in Scotland too, so doubtless an ISP thing.

1 Like

I suspect its more to do with your ISP, router, hub or similar rather than the Naim app.
Mine has never shown an error that Iā€™ve noticed with both the devices I use - ā€œWindows Computerā€ or ā€œiPadā€ - and opening up ā€˜Show (number)ā€™ it shows all listed correctly going back to 10 May.
And if its relevant my ISP is BT & Iā€™m on BT SmartHub-2

Iā€™m in Scotland but all my Apple devices log me as London.

1 Like

How strange. Iā€™ve just checked this and my recently used devices both say Emsworth, which is where I am.

Out of interest I just checked my location. It seems Iā€™m at home, which is nice.

1 Like

It would seem that I am in Prescot. Must stop drinking so much on a saturday night. Hope Iā€™m not breaking the lock down guidance

1 Like

Just checked mine on the desktop.

Iā€™m actually at home south of Bristol, not living there. Nice to find out Iā€™m active!

Decided to login on the mobile at the same time to see what happened and that appeared fine.

loggedin

I am in Berkshire and Apple has me from Scotland to Oxford

I get more concerned when my credit card turns up in a country Iā€™ve never visitedā€¦

Iā€™m guessing it depends on which optimal server your internet provider happens to be using at any given time, which will vary from time to time.

Right now, TalkTalk are using a server based in Stockton-on-Tees, in County Durham, whilst Iā€™m actually North East of York ā€¦ the Forum, however, has me in Bridlington, on the coast.

Noting to be worried about.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Reassured, thank you.

1 Like

Iā€™m in sunny Cornwall, however my Vodafone network thinks Iā€™m in Luton on both mac and pc

ā€¦and it good to know I havenā€™t been transported and still located in Seattle, WA!

"Naim Forum thinks I live in Scotland. Advice please. "

Wear a kilt and drink lots of Iron - Bru ,

3 Likes

:laughing: :+1:

1 Like

Donā€™t forget the battered Mars bar

2 Likes

And choose your football team carefully. :thinking:

2 Likes

My Grandfather supported Hearts, so it is what it is.

3 Likes