Naim Fraim - is it worth it really?

Have cherry and black uprights. It matches the rosewood santos of the speakers quite well in person. I find that photos don’t do the rack justice.

15 Likes

@Richard.Dane would you think that a base and 2 intermediate and 1 regular level would be pushing it as to height

I see you’re embarrassed about your selection of music and have to blot it out with a big X to save face on the forum. :rofl:

4 Likes

No, that’s fine by me.

Yes, a very nice setup you have there:grinning:

Once my 300 arrives tomorrow I’ll be using a base, intermediate level, and two std levels, plus a Fraimlite on top, supporting 300, XPSDR, SCDR, 300PS, with a small record shelf on top of the Fraimlite.

2 Likes

Hi Peder,

Sorry, I could not fully understand what you meant with pulling the powercord into the contact and how this fits with your picture? Can you please explain more? Many Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks again for your advice - added two mid height spacers today, so now have increased the space above the 135s and between the NDS and 52. I’m very pleased with the outcome.

My only complaint is that I need to get a new lead for the link from my TV to the 52 as it’s stretching the lead. This is over my LAN and I can’t for the life of me remember how I did it before I had the network.

2 Likes

Quick question guys as I have my eye on a Fraim. Should there be the Naim logo on the middle of the base? I see lots with and without.

You can buy the logo from Naim or your dealer - it just sticks on.

I have also added two sets of medium spacers, one lifts the nd555 higher above the 552, which has a blank shelf below. The other fraim now has more space between Unit Core and one of the large power supplies…not cheap, but well worth doing.

1 Like

The logo came with each of my bases, along with a template for centering it correctly. I fastened mine (it uses double stick tape) to the upper shelf of each base.

1 Like

I never attached mine that came with 2 bases and it didn’t include a template for mounting it dead centre anyway. I bought it back in 2005 so maybe the template is a recent thing?

I think they look fine, rather understated compared to the green light Naim logos on the boxes.

13 Likes

Done the deed Richard and today ordered an ex demo Fraim in all black. Base, medium level and 2 standard levels.

Any advice for order of components when it arrives

NDX2
HiCapDR
Supernait 2.

My thoughts were.

NDX2
Free shelf
Supernait2
HiCapDR (this will have space above it due the the medium leg level that the Supernait2 will sit on)

1 Like

Great stuff Popeye. Layout sounds good although I might be tempted to switch NDX and SN positions.

I broke down my Fraim for a rebuild yesterday. Just finished putting all back together and powered everything up. Already sounds very good. I need to check SL2 bolt torques tomorrow.

1 Like

Tonight’s entertainment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I don’t know whether it’s covered in the Fraim instructions here on the forum, but whenever I do a re-build, I do find it easier, rather than assembling the complete Fraim, to place the black boxes on each level as I build them, with one end of Burndy’s etc. connected.

Seems to be easier on my elderly back, doing things this way.

All black Fraim rules! :clap:

10 Likes

That’s what I do.

1 Like

Yup, me too.

1 Like