Naim Hi-line Pre-Loved

Got to agree, Hi-Line to Super Lumina is possibly the best value for money upgrade I have ever made.

I must say it was a bit of a surprise when Naim included a Hi Line with the ND555 as most upgraders at least from an NDS would very likely have a Hi Line or Super Lumina anyway and if you are buying from ‘scratch’ you should surely be able to afford the substantial improvements of Super Lumina. The one with my 555 went straight to eBay.

1 Like

I will soon have 2 hi lines that I dont use, once my nd555 arrives, would be great to trade them back in with naim for a credit to buy other cables, if only they did such a thing

Your dealer might well do that…

Best

David

I’ve used both HiLine and Superlumina as a source interconnect to NAC252 and the latter was a massive improvement in every respect.

1 Like

Quite… I wasn’t going to comment… as it’s so far off the mark something didn’t sound right… I am not saying you will like the Hiline, but it has very different characteristics to the lavender interconnect.

I use Hiline to connect my Hugo to my 552… and out of all my leads in my war chest, and some are really esoteric, the Hiline had the best balance, detail and dynamics without sounding ‘hifi’… but yes cable dressing is important.
FWIW I find the Hiline on a Fraim mounted CDX2 perfect for connecting to my 552 as well.

The Hiline is fairly fragile, but not that fragile… I have only broken a ring on one of mine once, and that was human error as I was trying to move boxes with interconnects still in place… doh… but even then Naim repaired FOC.

1 Like

All this love story is quite confusing, so to clarify things:

Pre Loved: used
Lost Love: a return
Looking for love: a demo
Torn between two loves: blind testing
Love betrayed: a useless upgrade

Loved: about to move on
Much loved: meant to move on ages ago

No love …when the wife finds out how much you paid for a cable

4 Likes

Forbidden Love; listening to a Linn system

1 Like

Unrequited love: hearing the improvement but not being able to justify the expense.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.