Naim iOS app refreshes twice(?)

Seeing as an annoying Roon issue was solved so easily, here’s another.

I always control by Unifi Star via the Naim app on an iPad. Both units are on wi-fi, both with static local IPs. If the iPad display has gone to sleep and I wake it up again, the Naim “screen” needs to refresh itself once or twice before I can interact with it. Is there any way I can prevent this? The delay in turning down the volume when the phone rings or someone comes in to the room is less than great.

TIA

I had a similar issue on Android with the display going to sleep. On Android I found an app that would stop the tablet going to sleep. However if the device is running off battery the issue is rapid battery drain. In my case it’s on a table permanently plugged into the charger - it’s essentially only used as a remote for the player. If I’m honest I’m not 100% convinced that the concept of using an ‘app’ instead of a proper remote control really works.

1 Like

This effect normally indicates a poor Wifi network, for example the WiFi signal strength at one or both units is on the low side or where there is an ethernet over mains adaptor involved. You could temporarily wire the Star in with an ethernet cable (they are very cheap) and see whether that helps. If it does, then that tells you something.

Why have you got fixed ip addresses? That shouldn’t be necessary at all. Both the Star and iPad are designed to use DHCP.

Best

David

The wi-fi ought to be very strong - both iPad and Unifi Star within feet of a Unifi AP. But I’ll give ethernet a go - thank you.

I fix virtually everything on my network - makes trying to manage the ~100 clients that much easier. I’m also a bit of a control / neat freak :crazy_face:

If you’ve got 100 clients on it then it’s probably just congested. Definitely worth trying to get the Star off the WiFi as a trial.

Best

David

1 Like

Regarding rapid volume reduction, why not keep your nice remote next to your listening position? Hitting the mute button takes a second at most.

Roger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.