Naim iradio issues

I have a Uniti Star and a much older Uniti running in my household. In the last couple of days iradio has stopped working on both. Is there a known bug? Any ideas welcome.

Firmware is up to date on the Star 3.8.0

Have you tried turning both units off and then turn off and restart your router? When the router has fully restarted, turn the two streamers back on again. You should probably stop and restart the Naim app too.

What firmware is your Uniti on? You can find out either from the app or using the remote and the setup (spanner/wrench) key.

Also, is it all radio stations or just one in particular? (If so, which?)

Thanks for the response I tried the on / off sequence with both Uniti’s and the router and observed no change. I did then check multiple radio stations. Interesting the first 3 of these could not connect but the next couple did. So it appears to be an issue with the radio station and the enabling streaming service.

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

If the problem with particular radio stations persists, then post here what they are and if others observe the same issue then we can draw attention to Naim that will likely look into it for you.

You can also try checking on the vTuner web site for the same stations.
If they don’t play there, you might contact vTuner directly for help too.

I actually just tried on the vTuner web site and when attempting to play PBS 106.7FM (Melbourne) as per your screen shot, I hear a message stating “This station is currently not available”.
That message suggests a broken link somewhere with the broadcaster or vTuner.

@Stevesky please see above! Is something wrong with vTuner and pbs106.7 (Melbourne)? It’s playing ok from their home page.

Hi @Blythe @davidhendon

Sorry for the delay in replying - been a busy week :slight_smile:

This station has changed its backend and its also changed to a semi compliant version of HLS streaming. I’ve proposed a stream to VTuner as it’s the only one I can find, but to make it play needs latest firmware on our older streamers and Muso gen1.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

@Jm100 to see Steve’s reply…

Hi @Jm100

Since my last reply (above) we have found an AAC feed, so have given VTuner that URL.

Should be resolved in next few days. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Steve

1 Like

Wow. Thanks for all the follow up and support, this forum and contributors is phenomenal.

1 Like

Hi @Jm100

The station is now working again. Took a bit longer than planned as the original feed we found had a compliance issue with and was actually had a static video feed inside it.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

Fantastic. Thanks so much for following this through.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.