Naim kit - on or off?

The thing that has gone wrong somewhere else as you put it is that as a pensioner the so called chancellor that was stopped our pension increase to match inflation and the massive increase in everything and set to become worse hence my original question.

1 Like

Goodness, do ā€˜Naim trousersā€™ exist?

Where can I buy a pair? Can my dealer arrange a fitting?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure which bit to put on the right and which on the left?

1 Like

Also I think judging by the posts of forum members the concensus is that yes we will need to be
more aware of our energy usage and the HiFi is just one of a number of things to look at saving energy
on. As the famous Tesco saying goes ā€œEvery little helpsā€ Gosh did I really quote an advert?

3 Likes

Probably the wrong trousers :rofl:

Not wishing to suggest that savings in the home arenā€™t A Good Thing, but one thing that grinds my gears is shops keeping their doors open all year round, with the heating full whack in the winter and the AC likewise in the summer.

I was at an outdoor shopping centre earlier this week (temperature over 30C) and only the chocolate shop had their doors closed, with an explanatory note on the door. I should have gone in and thanked them, and/or pointed out the issue in the other shops but I (possibly misguidedly) didnā€™t want to be That Guy.

Did I hear that France is going to legally require shops to have their doors closed in very hot/cold weather?

Mark

Yes. They are already fed up about it because closed doors are not inviting for customers

Exactly the sort of response which, to double down on and euphemise my previous metaphor, really effects a phase change in my micturant.

(nothing xenophobic here - I have every confidence that the fine shopkeepers of the UK would replicate this complaint in similar circumstances)

Mark

Well possibly when people donā€™t get what they want then they will start burning tyres or cow carcasses :flushed: in front of the town hall. As for the nation of shop keepers we shall see how all that goes with the coming hard times and recession

sadly but retailers are only focused on getting footfall into their shop and whatever it takesā€¦
one can understand that but I agree it is a conundrum energy wise.

Have you considered getting a water meter fitted?

Potential savings will depend on family size and attitude to water use, obviously.

1 Like

have been listening to the Nova in the Kitchen and summer room (covered conservatory) sounds great
but miss the Kantas out of the main system but suppose I could reconfigure the nova to play through them in the lounge then possibly sell the main system?

Without wishing to pry, with a system like that you surely have a decent private pension and are not relying on the state pension and benefits? Many pensioners get far more than workers. Pensioners have done rather nicely with the triple lock and not increasing the state pension by the increase in wages - which was distributed by the bounce back after Covid - seemed entirely sensible. Workers in the public sector have seem massive real terms wage cuts since 2010, while pensioners have had it much easier under the triple lock, with pensions increasing by 2.5% when inflation and wage increases were far, far less.

Rather than thinking of going the whole hog and just using the Nova, why not consider your streamer with one PS and a Supernait 3. You may be pleasantly surprised. A nice compromise.

4 Likes

Ermā€¦just to say, that the section of the central London store I work in has the doors open all day in summer. Nothing to do with footfall, or squeezing the last penny out of shoppers - our air conditioning is utter crap, and we and our customers would cook if we didnā€™t.

As you say prioritising can be disparate, however most people put their priority on house, then car, and holidays.
For my family I am an alien. I live in a 50 m2 apartment with a very expensive audio system. They canā€™t understand.
But my family live in enormous big houses, with 40 years mortgage, 200 m2, and some of them are 2 per house. Itā€™s ridiculous for me. We canā€™t understand each other. Very different concept of living.

7 Likes

have a private pension which being static is not going anywhere upwards and will not do too much to increase its value especially in the vastly increase currently in cost of living plus of course in the forthcoming cost
of living increases. I disagree that the triple lock has seen us pensioners doing nicely and the recent
ignoring of the triple lock has meant a lack of keeping pace with the current mayhem in price increases.We are now experiencing 10% inflation 2.5% has not done us much good donā€™t forget 2.5% on a meagre state pension (the lowest in Europe) is hardly worth writing home about, with inflation forecast 13% next year come on get real.Yes I am in much sympathy with the public sector workers mainly NHS . Who knows what the current two names will do to sort our problem I donā€™t hold out much hope!

Actually your suggestion re the streamer and one PS and a supernait 3 is after thinking it through a good idea I will speak to my dealer about the whole thing. Thanks

They do, but the minimum leg length is 3.5m :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I read a 500 series owner complaining about the cost of leaving the equipment powered up I have to believe itā€™s satire.

4 Likes

Fawlty Powers