Naim muso 1st Gen Google nest mesh wifi not connecting to wifi point.

Just woke up this morning and my muso says in google wifi app it connected to the wifi point closest to itself. But in the google wifi app it says that the IP address is N/A. Can someone help me find a solution as the muso will not connect anymore.

Is the Google stuff a new addition? I think we need a clearer picture of how your network is designed and the components installed to be able to help?

Not sure what you mean here? A screenshot is worth a thousand words!!!

I have attached picture of my google wifi app.

I have vodafone broadband so their modem connected to nest wifi router in hallway.
I have 2 nest wifi points. One of them in my utility and the other one in bedroom. My muso is in my bedroom so should be connecting to nedroom wifi point. When I restart the network the muso automatically connects to nest router but after being in standby it connects to nest wifi point in bedroom. This is when it fails to connect and this is the message I see in my google wifi app which i have shown in previous reponse. Hope you can help me thanks.

Have you just switched off the WiFi on the Vodafone router, is there a modem only mode option instead?

Hi Kevin,
Yes the vodafone router is acting as a modem. I have the wifi turned off on it.

So it is obvious that your muso does not connect to your google wifi, although it once was.

I suggest that you do factory reset on the muso, and try to connect to the muso to the google wifi network again.

I have previously tried factory resetting muso but does not rectify the problem.

Take it back to your dealer if factory reset does not solve the problem.

From what I can find out online about your setup the Vodafone router is not a good candidate for a Google Nest Mesh with multiple WiFi points. The reason for this is that the user cannot switch the Vodafone router into modem only mode, switching off the WiFi is not the same thing hence my earlier question. So, as it stands you have two routers competing for control, this could be solved by putting the Nest router into Bridge Mode instead but not with additional WiFi points unfortunately. Another option is to change the Vodafone supplied router for a better one (that is certified for the Vodafone network) if you want continue with the Google solution.

@Jasonmckinstry, you only have one SSID, which is the google wifi, correct?

Yes that’s correct I only have the one ssid.

If everything else works fine with this SSID, except your muso - even after a hard reset, then I suggest you get dealer to take a look.

The SSID isn’t the issue, there are two routers competing for control of the network flow…

Did @Jasonmckinstry say that he already disabled wifi from the other router, so the google nest is the DHCP master?

He did indeed and your point is?

My point is that everything else connects to this SSID and works, so why not this muso? One thing I would like to make sure is that it does not ‘use’ static’ IP.

I believe it’s something to do with the muso maybe just can’t work on mesh networks. It connects perfectly whenever I switch of the wifi point in bedroom. As soon as I switch the wifi point back on the muso loses connection.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.