Naim Muso 1st generation

Can anyone tell me if it’s best to use the Naim app and play Tidal through the App which indicates that it is playing in Flac.
However if I use the Tidal App and use airplay to my Muso its in Master quality.
Which would be best quality to use?
Airplay or Through Naim App?

Why not simply try it and see which you prefer?
I only use the Naim app as it’s dead easy to use and sounds great to me, saving the faffing around of Airplay etc…

Apart from sound quality, if you use the Naim app then it will keep playing regardless of where your phone is, whereas if you Airplay from your phone then the music will stop if you take your phone out of range of Bluetooth to the muso.

So it depends whether you always listen alone or not…

Best

David

1 Like

Are you sure about that, David? Whenever I’ve used Airplay, it has been over a LAN connection, not Bluetooth. I would have thought the Muso would be the same in this respect. Still, I doubt it would sound any better than native Tidal from the Naim app. Also worth remembering that Airplay does not support hi-res formats, so if you use the Tidal app to decode MQA, you will still only get regular 16/44 streamed to the Muso.

Chris I’m sure you are right. I don’t use it so my understanding is undoubtedly faulty! Apologies all.

Best

David

Thankyou chaps,
Yes, confused me about Bluetooth as Airplay is all about wi-fi etc.
Guess it’s down to taste but wanted to get the highest quality recordings out of the Muso which is awesome btw.

It’s a shame there is no update from Naim to support Tidal’s ‘Master’ collection!!

So really only way to play hi-Res files is from A NAS connected to the server and use upnp on the Muso?

I played around with Tidal MQA for a while, and to be honest, it didn’t sound any better than regular lossless streaming to me. So I just stick with Tidal HiFi (CD quality).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.