Naim muso

I’ve stopped looking at any deals, however I will need another Muso when we finish building. :wink:

There’s clearly some pretty hefty markups going on, especially when they won’t provide any demos….

The 250 DR is $1k cheaper then when I got mine from them at a best-cash discount a year ago, and that was before the price rise of $1.5K, so I’ve no idea how the regular price is justified. If they can drop $4K on a new 252 and presumably not be making a loss, there’s some serious gouging going on.

1 Like

To stay on topic, they were giving $3.6K new Muso’s away a few months ago with an NDX2, so the profit on the NDX2 is more than the price of a Muso!

1 Like

There’s serious gouging going on in almost every business, they’re all using covid/supply issues as an excuse. Don’t know about NZ but company profits are sky high here. We’re been taken for mugs.

3 Likes

Does make you think, the streamers worth $12.5k and the Muso $3.5k the numbers don’t stack up.

1 Like

Keeping on topic I paid £950 for my Muso 2 wood edition (open box) and relative to other purchases very happy vfm.
I am of an age when discounts on Naim were a definite no,no.
A friend of mine back in the day did secure a 10% discount from a dealer but it was a back door job, very hush hush.
Now, it seems to be freely talked about, so is the margin built in?
We like Ercol furniture, but never pay retail and its always been heavily discounted quite openly by around 25/30%.

I think the dealer mark up is c40% but the dealer has to carry the risk as they have to buy the stock to demo, have a demo facility, do home visits, deal with the general public and all their idiosyncrasies as well as after sales support.

Appreciate the new classic release will cause some challenges on pricing as no one want to pay top dollar for an outgoing product….

I get your point @Pete_the_painter re company profits - plenty of money in the system but it all seems to be going to the few but that’s note a debate on a Naim forum!

I have a lot of sympathy for the dealers and they’re not who I’m referring to, it’s further upstream. But you’re right it not for debate here. :+1:

1 Like

Products get monetised and when there is a venture capitalist involved they get stretched to the max I guess……

That said muso’s going back to a price more sensible is a good thing as I’m after one in the near future!

Gary

2 Likes

The proof, as they say.
Apologies for the delay, just got home.

6 Likes

Your pension fund benefits from it maybe?

Live in uk: I tried a chord shawline 1.5m on my muso2. In my opinion, I felt it actually ‘dampened’ it down compared to the standard lead that came with it. Tried a chord clearway on my QB2 and again, a similar experience. Makes me think that Naim do test out and know the kit (leads) they supply do work in the way they want them to…it is entirely up to us to try to better that of course. But this did surprise me. I gave both leads back.

1 Like

I should also have mentioned that Richer Sounds include a 6 year old guarantee.

I bought one a few weeks ago from Peter Tyson, it’s a stunning looking piece of kit, photos don’t do it justice. The sq is superb so much better than the 1st gen and it also makes a great tv soundbar.

4 Likes

Stop it!

Thanks for the information Nick, probably give those a miss then when I start looking.

I do feel the Muso has a bit more to give and would like it to come from a mains cable as some sort of isolation beneath it spoils the aesthetic imo.

Russell

Agree. I have read NRG power leads give better results. But, as for vibration isolation, my Muso2 & QB2 are both on vibrapods. Definite uplift in overall performance.

1 Like

Really?

6 Likes

I have a figure of eight cable from Ecosse - Big Orange , I attached to my Sky Box and it is very good