Naim NAC A5 speaker cable upgrade to Super Lumina

Tom Tom Audio in St Albans. They are great guys and go out of their way to help.

1 Like

Great first thing on my to do list is give them a call tomorrow. Nigel Many thanks for this.

I like SuperLumina so much, I use them for both of my systems.

And thanks @NigelB ! Those links are wonderful!

2 Likes

Just make sure they get the right termination (all banana, banana/spade or all spade). The wrong ones arrived for Adam and I had to get them changed before sending them out.

1 Like

Quick up-date - spoke direct to Vertere and these have as you say gone up a small amount to £195 a pair.

Funny both Vertere and shop I called seemed unable to be precise as to what constitues a ‘Pair’. I like to be crystal clear about these things - so is that two cables or four cables - response no it’s a pair!

This description parallels what I noticed going from A5 to TQB a few years ago. Definitely worth a try if you’ve not heard it.

G

The Vertere jumper leads are two wires (each red and black ends) tied together at the centre, per speaker. I can see how the confusion arises. I am fairly sure they only sell them in sets for a pair of speakers and that is what I paid £125 for (now £195 apparently).

2 Likes

@NigelB and @Adam.Zielinski

Nigel many thanks for the heads up on Vertere jumpers and Adam for your further endorsement both convinced me to just go ahead and order a pair (and they are a pair!).

Straight out of the box today and a vast improvement over the NACA5 jumpers I had made up as a pro-tem solution. Just listening to Stevie Wonder’s Talking Book which is a complex album and it’s all unraveling in front of me.

Thanks again Andy

1 Like

Enjoy!

1 Like

Cool, Andy. Glad the Vertere jumpers worked out for you.

1 Like

Who stocks the True Signal cable - I need bi-wire / twin lengths - which if I keep the both Chanel’s the same length is 40m total (a chunk of cash!)- I’ve looked about and no local stockists!
T v m

Try the boys at Signals near ipswich/felixstowe…they can order and supply

1 Like

Thanks for that - I got hold of Tony M.@ TrueSignal who is putting a £ together for me - I am clenching in anticipation - having only just seen their on-line prices for prefabricated cables - £599 for 2m pairs plus £75/mtr - and I need bi-wire 2 @10m OUCH - this will put a dent in the vinyl purchasing account for a good while I fear

Let us know how you get on, Tony is a nice guy, met him a number of times at shows.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.